Author Topic: Cartels go after female recruits who often avoid jail time  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cartels go after female recruits who often avoid jail time
« on: April 25, 2023, 11:53:21 am »
Cartels go after female recruits who often avoid jail time

Women smugglers bypass jail time due to a lack of funding and facilities

Kinney County Sheriff Brad Coe: At least 15-20% of arrests are women

Gov. Abbott vowed to create a 300-bed facility to house female criminals

Ali Bradley

Updated: APR 18, 2023 / 08:13 AM CDT

KINNEY COUNTY, Texas (NewsNation) — The majority of human and drug smugglers are men from the U.S. but lately, Mexican cartels are now recruiting a new demographic to help with their efforts: women.

The Texas Department of Public Safety released a new video on Monday showing a woman allegedly attempting to flirt with a state trooper who pulled her over to avoid arrest. Troopers found two immigrants from El Salvador being smuggled in her car.

Officials said situations like these are becoming more frequent as more women are getting involved in the cartel’s schemes, leveling the playing field but with an advantage — no jail time.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/cartels/cartel-recruiting-women-skip-jail-time/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson