Author Topic: Thousands of Russians waiting south of the border to claim asylum in U.S.  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thousands of Russians waiting south of the border to claim asylum in U.S.
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 / 06:32 PM CST

Updated: Mar 2, 2023 / 10:10 AM CST

HIDALGO, Texas (Border Report) β€” An estimated 5,000 Russians are waiting south of the Mexican border for their chance to cross and claim asylum in the United States, a humanitarian worker tells Border Report.

Parents sending migrant children alone across border into South Texas
Alma Ruth, founder and director of the faith-based nonprofit Practice Mercy Foundation, says that in the Mexican town of Reynosa alone, there are about 300 Russians waiting to cross the Rio Grande into South Texas.

β€œIt has slowly grown the amount of Russians that are coming to Mexico to request asylum due to the situation in the region,” Ruth said Wednesday at the foot of the McAllen-Hidalgo-Reynosa International Bridge.

Alma Ruth is founder and director of the faith-based nonprofit Practice Mercy Foundation in McAllen, Texas. (Sandra Sanchez/Border Report)

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/thousands-of-russians-waiting-south-of-the-border-to-claim-asylum-in-u-s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson