Author Topic: At least 193 suspected of being involved in terrorism have crossed the Southern border  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
At least 193 suspected of being involved in terrorism have crossed the Southern border
BY NOLAN RAPPAPORT, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 04/20/23 11:00 AM ET

FILE – Venezuelan migrants walk across the Rio Bravo towards the United States border to surrender to the border patrol, from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, Oct. 13, 2022. A surge in migration from Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua in September brought the number of illegal crossings to the highest level ever recorded in a fiscal year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The Biden administration has overwhelmed our asylum system by releasing more than a million illegal border crossers into the country to apply for asylum. As of the end of January 2023, the immigration court had a backlog of 2,097,244 cases, and a major increase in illegal crossings is expected in May when the Title 42 order is terminated.

This isn’t just a problem for our asylum system: It also presents national security issues.

For instance, the Border Patrol is apprehending more illegal crossers who are on the terrorist watchlist, which has information about people suspected of being involved in terrorism or related activities. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/3959839-at-least-193-suspected-of-being-involved-in-terrorism-have-crossed-the-southern-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson