Author Topic: Mexico: In Tijuana, an Islamic center shelters hundreds of Afghan, Syrian or Chechen migrants wanti  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Mexico: In Tijuana, an Islamic center shelters hundreds of Afghan, Syrian or Chechen migrants wanting to reach the United States. 'A matter of national security concern'
Koba21/04/2023 at 7:18 am

INVESTIGATION – Hundreds of asylum seekers from Afghanistan, Syria and Chechnya find themselves stranded at the border between Mexico and the United States. The Masjid Taybah, which shelters them, defends itself from any jihadist infiltration.

Ahmad Jahesh Azizi, 37, pulls out his mobile phone, whose screen is cracked throughout. The Afghan wishes to demonstrate that, although he is currently powerless in the face of events and, by necessity, "prisoner" of the Muslim reception center in Tijuana, Mexico, this situation of great precariousness was not always his, far from it. So, he reveals documents proving the ease of his past existence in Afghanistan: his badge as director of parliamentary affairs of Abdullah Abdullah, the chief executive from May 2020 to August 2021; two photos where we see him, smiling, with the American ambassador Karen Decker; Finally, the fateful moment when his life of privilege tipped into insecurity with the resumption of power by the Taliban in August 2021.

A video recorded on his mobile phone shows his country's new masters ransacking his spacious Kabul residence. "I don't know what they were looking for. Maybe money or proof that I had worked with the Americans," he says. In any case, we understood that we were in danger and that we had to flee our country. We tried to go to the airport to be evacuated, but it was chaos and there were too many of us. And here we are in Tijuana. We have girls and we want them to have a future." Last June, Sonia Garcia, a Mexican convert to Islam and founder of the Latina Muslim Foundation, inaugurated the Masjid Taybah center after a fundraising campaign launched three years earlier.

https://www.fdesouche.com/2023/04/21/mexique-a-tijuana-un-centre-islamique-abrite-des-centaines-de-migrants-afghans-syriens-ou-tchetchenes-voulant-rejoindre-les-etats-unis-un-sujet-de-preoccupation-pour-la-securite-nationale/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson