Author Topic: Green groups lobby Congress on behalf Communist China and Uyghur genocide  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green groups lobby Congress on behalf Communist China and Uyghur genocide

Communist China uses Uyghur slave labor in the manufacture of solar panels. Absent action from Congress, President Trump placed tariffs on these panels. Then in 2021, a law was enacted banning the import of slave labor panels. But China had already worked around the law and Trump tariffs by laundering the panels through other Asian countries like Malaysia and Cambodia. Upon complaint from the US solar panel industry about China circumventing the law and tariffs, the Biden Administration determined the circumvention was indeed happening, but then decided to exempt Chinese manufacturers from the tariffs anyway. A bill in Congress now would rollback the Biden exemption and reinstate the Trump tariffs on Uyghur slave labor-made panels. In a boost for genocide, 10 green groups have written members of Congress in opposition to the rollback of the Biden exemption.

https://junkscience.com/2023/04/green-groups-lobby-congress-on-behalf-communist-china-ask-congress-to-reject-bid-to-ban-import-of-solar-panels-made-with-uyghur-slave/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson