Author Topic: Fish And Wildlife Service Offers Paid Leave For Workers Coping With ‘Eco-Grief’  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY PAUL DRIESSEN, GUEST POST ON APR 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Fish And Wildlife Service Offers Paid Leave For Workers Coping With ‘Eco-Grief’

storm windsUS Fish and Wildlife Service employees are struggling to cope with feelings of trauma and loss over the world’s changing climates and imperiled environments.

Their work repeatedly confronts them with ecological changes, but even a sense of “anticipated loss” perhaps decades from now requires compassionate help. Or so the FWS and American Psychological Association tell us. [emphasis, links added]

The FWS is thus offering paid leave to employees who attend “eco-anxiety” and “climate grief” training.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/fish-and-wildlife-service-offers-paid-leave-for-workers-coping-with-eco-grief/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Within a short time, eco-grief will cause as much illness as COVID in that department. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson