Author Topic: Biden admin preparing major crackdown on power plants that fuel nation's grid  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JOE BIDEN Published April 22, 2023 4:38pm EDT
Biden admin preparing major crackdown on power plants that fuel nation's grid
Expected power plant rule is 'latest in President Biden’s anti-fossil fuels agenda,' energy industry group tells Fox News Digital
By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

Fox News contributor Jonas Max Ferris and economist Steve Moore joined ‘Cavuto Live’ to discuss Biden’s decision to sign an ‘environmental justice’ executive order.

The Biden administration is reportedly finalizing a proposal that would force fossil fuel-fired power plants to substantially curb emissions or utilize costly carbon capture technology.

The proposal — which will soon be released by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) — is expected to require coal- and natural gas-fired power plants to cut or capture the vast majority of their carbon dioxide emissions by 2040, The New York Times reported on Saturday, citing officials briefed on a draft of the plan. The regulation, if finalized, would represent the first-ever federal action curbing power plant emissions.

"EPA cannot comment because the proposals are currently under interagency review," EPA spokesperson Maria Michalos told Fox News Digital in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-preparing-major-crackdown-power-plants-fuel-nations-grid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson