Author Topic: Supreme Court Delivers Another Important Win Against Administrative State  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Supreme Court Delivers Another Important Win Against Administrative State      
BY TIMOTHY H. LEE
THURSDAY, APRIL 20 2023

Following this ruling, overzealous federal agencies may begin to get a taste of their own medicine.

"The Commission knows a good deal about competition policy, but nothing special about the separation of powers." 

Believe it or not, that sarcastic rebuke came from none other than Justice Elena Kagan, writing last week for a unanimous United States Supreme Court striking the latest blow against the federal administrative state. 

When even Justices Kagan, Sonia Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson agree that agencies merit rebuke, it sends a welcome and unmistakable signal to a bureaucratic state that poses perhaps the greatest menace to individual freedom in America today. 

At issue in the combined cases of Axon Enterprise v. FTC and SEC v. Cochran was whether parties targeted by federal agencies must wait until they’ve litigated and lost in the agencies’ own tribunals before they can raise threshold constitutional questions in a federal court. 

To understand the importance of last week’s latest ruling in everyday terms, picture the following scenario. 

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/42-constitution-and-legal/6300-supreme-court-delivers-another-important-win-against-administrative-state
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you get rebuked 9-0, it must be egregious.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Administrative state is the true "Deep State".

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Administrative state is the true "Deep State".

:amen: and  :amen: again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien