Author Topic: Where Did All the Biden Illegal Immigrants Go? Hard-Up Sanctuary Cities Are Only Part of the Answer  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where Did All the Biden Illegal Immigrants Go? Hard-Up Sanctuary Cities Are Only Part of the Answer

By James Varney and RealClearInvestigations
April 21, 2023Updated: April 21, 2023

News Analysis

In New York City, if the newcomers aren’t put up at the luxury cruise terminal that served the QE2, they could get $700-a-night midtown hotel accommodations with iconic Manhattan views. In Chicago, they found themselves whisked to suburban lodgings. In Denver, officials refer to them discreetly as “guests” and you needn’t bother inquiring about their inns or addresses.

The people enjoying these free digs aren’t privacy-conscious jet-setters, but the secrecy surrounding them might be comparable: They’re some of the millions of migrants who have illegally crossed into the United States since the Biden administration relaxed most border controls.

No one knows exactly how many people have poured across the southwestern U.S. border since President Biden took office, or where they’ve gone since. The official number of encounters by Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) stands at 5.2 million people, logged over the last two full federal fiscal years and fiscal 2023 through March. But that number is imprecise because it includes repeat encounters with the same people and omits the many who slipped into the country unnoticed by border agents.

Under President Biden, the United States smashed past the 200,000 monthly encounters mark for the first time in July 2021 and it has repeatedly topped that record in the months since. By comparison, in fiscal 2020, which ended a month before Biden’s defeat of President Trump, the United States averaged 38,174 monthly encounters at the border, according to CBP figures.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/where-did-all-the-biden-illegal-immigrants-go-hard-up-sanctuary-cities-are-only-part-of-the-answer_5212981.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson