Author Topic: DA Alvin Bragg, House GOP reach deal in probe over Trump indictment  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DA Alvin Bragg, House GOP reach deal in probe over Trump indictment
By Katherine Donlevy
April 22, 2023 2:53am  Updated

Alvin Bragg and House Republicans struck a deal Friday that allows the Judiciary Committee to question an ex-prosecutor about the Manhattan district attorney’s case against former President Trump — a day after a federal court ruled to block the deposition.

Under the agreement, the committee will be able to interrogate former Manhattan prosecutor Mark Pomerantz — who penned a tell-all book that detailed Bragg’s investigation into Trump — under oath at a later date than originally scheduled.

Pomerantz will be accompanied by a lawyer from Bragg’s office, an accommodation the committee said it would have allowed even without Friday’s agreement.

The agreement resolves the legal battle between Bragg and the committee that escalated to a federal appeals court in the weeks following Trump’s historic indictment.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/22/alvin-bragg-house-gop-reach-deal-in-probe-over-trump-indictment/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 03:52:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson