Author Topic: F-22 Raptor Vs F-35 Lightning: Ultimate Dog Fight Of The Fifth-Gen Fighter Jets  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

F-22 Raptor Vs F-35 Lightning: Ultimate Dog Fight Of The Fifth-Gen Fighter Jets
Story by Georgios Mavridis • Yesterday 4:36 PM

Fifth-gen fighters, like the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, could probably give UFOs a run for their money when it comes to the tech they're packed with! From stealth technology to the best avionics that make them more maneuverable than nearly everything else in the sky, the F-22 and F-35 were pretty much the best of the best. You won't find more advanced military jets than these around, in a lot of ways. At least until the sixth-gen fighters come along and show them up.

Updated April 2023: We've updated this article with more pertinent information on which of these advanced fighter jets could potentially win in a dogfight, including why the US military is retiring one of these aerial legends.

Although there are other very powerful aircraft like the French Rafale or Eurofighter Typhoon, among other new contenders from Russia and China, many consider the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lighting II the best in the world right now. While there's no chance either of these would ever come up against each other in a dogfight considering they're stealth aircraft, there's no fan of the two that hasn't wondered which one was better. So, can the super maneuverable F-22 win against the newer F-35, or will the F-35's advanced electronics give it the edge?

Why Is the F-22 Being Retired?
The Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor was perhaps the most advanced air superiority fighter jet in the world. The F-22 Raptor fighter was designed as a single-seat, all-weather stealthy tactical fighter that made its first flight on December 7, 1997. Which does mean it's getting on in years compared to some of the newer fifth-generation jets around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/f-22-raptor-vs-f-35-lightning-ultimate-dog-fight-of-the-fifth-gen-fighter-jets/ar-AA13UFKg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a0f4b7cab41747c7a18f9393de366cb3&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson