Author Topic: Neo-Nazi accused of firebombing Geauga County church charged with federal hate crime  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Neo-Nazi accused of firebombing Geauga County church charged with federal hate crime
Published: Apr. 21, 2023, 3:18 p.m.
Aimenn Penny stands in sunglasses and tactical gear
Aimenn Penny, who authorities say is a member of the racist Neo-Nazi organization White Lives Matter, Ohio, is charged in federal court with attempting to burn down Community Church of Chesterland, which planned to host a drag queen story hour this weekend. This photo, which was included in court records, was taken at a March 11 protest outside a similar event in Wadsworth, records say.FBI

By Adam Ferrise, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio— A neo-Nazi accused of firebombing a Geauga County church ahead of a planned drag queen story hour and brunch event was charged Friday with a federal hate crime.

A federal grand jury on Friday handed up an indictment against Aimenn Penny, 20, on charges of obstruction of persons in the free exercise of religious beliefs, a hate crime under U.S. law. Penny also faces two counts of arson and one count of possessing a Molotov cocktail.

An arraignment date has not yet been set. Penny’s attorney, John Greven, declined comment.

Penny has been in federal custody since his March 31 arrest on the charges. The arrest happened a day before the Community Church of Chesterland and a nearby restaurant hosted two drag queen story events.

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2023/04/neo-nazi-accused-of-firebombing-geauga-county-church-charged-with-federal-hate-crime.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson