Author Topic: US demand for bulletproof cars skyrockets, with some paying $85K for protection  (Read 141 times)

Offline Kamaji

US demand for bulletproof cars skyrockets, with some paying $85K for protection

By Selim Algar
April 21, 2023

That unassuming Kia may actually be ready for combat.

Shaken by crime spikes and a creeping sense of lawlessness, more Americans are having their vehicles bulletproofed than ever, insiders told The Post.

Until recently, the armored car industry catered almost exclusively to the wealthy elite in volatile third-world nations.

But with scenes of American street violence crowding Twitter feeds and news broadcasts, manufacturers have been flooded with orders from concerned everyday citizens.

“It’s been pretty shocking,” said Mark Burton of Utah-based Armormax, one of the world’s largest auto bulletproofing companies. “I would say it really started about 18 months ago. It used to be politicians and CEOs. Almost all international. Now we ‘re bulletproofing Honda Accords.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/americans-paying-up-to-85k-to-bulletproof-their-cars/

Offline berdie

Although I wouldn't pay the money...the times I have to go to the nearest city and drive amongst the angry people...it sure makes me want that protection.