Author Topic: Oops. That climate science isn't quite as settled..  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oops. That climate science isn't quite as settled..
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:29:05 pm »
Oops. That climate science isn't quite as settled...
DAVID STROM 1:01 PM on April 20, 2023

Oops. That climate science isn't quite as settled...

Remember all that talk about methane being the scariest greenhouse gas? The claims are behind the war on meat, rice, farts, gas stoves, fracking, and just about everything else in the known universe that improves human life.

Well, except farts. They really don’t improve human life that much, unless you have gas pains. Man, it sucks when you have gas pains.

The science behind the claims that methane is a powerful greenhouse gas is pretty straightforward, if you look at only part of the science. Methane indeed traps more heat inside the atmosphere than CO2, by a wide margin. It disperses much more quickly, with a short life in the atmosphere, but if you only consider the warming impact it indeed is quite powerful.

That’s the reasoning behind the war on gas. But…

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/04/20/oops-that-climate-science-isnt-quite-as-settled-n545039
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: Oops. That climate science isn't quite as settled..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 12:24:20 pm »
When the facts just don't support your theory, change the facts. Rewrite history.

Tony Heller
@TonyClimate
Forty-five years ago climatologists described the period from 1910-1960 as "a little tropical age."  Government agencies have since erased that warmth and now show 1910-1960 as being among the coldest years on record.

Erasing The Tropical Age
Posted on April 29, 2021 by tonyheller

In 1979, climatologists described the warm period from 1910-1960 as the “tropical age” – and said the extreme weather of the previous two decades was caused by global cooling.
    “Drought, floods, the failure of monsoons and the run of hard winters are all evidence. they say, that the world has come to the end of a spell of even-tempered weather which began in about 1910 and lasted until about 1960. This period has even been called “a little tropical age” by one of the more quotable of climatologists. Professor Reid Bryson. What follows the tropics could be harder to live with — weather more typical of the 19th century or even of the “little Ice Age “which lasted between 1430 and 1850”
NASA now shows the tropical age as the coolest years on record. ...

In 1961, there was unanimous consensus that earth was cooling, but NASA has erased that.  ...
Real Climate Science
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org