Author Topic: Climate goons deflate tires on 43 ‘gas guzzler’ SUVs in Boston, leave snarky notes  (Read 302 times)

Offline Kamaji

Climate goons deflate tires on 43 ‘gas guzzler’ SUVs in Boston, leave snarky notes

By Snejana Farberov
April 21, 2023

An international climate activist group has claimed responsibility for deflating tires on 43 SUVs in Boston’s tony Beacon Hill neighborhood – and leaving behind preachy notes warning vehicle owners: “Your gas guzzler kills.”

In a blog post, the group, which calls themselves the Tyre Extinguishers and claims to have 15,000 members worldwide, explained that Wednesday night’s stunt was their first foray into Boston, and that activists only targeted “large, luxury gas powered SUVs.”

The eco-warriors noted that they spared hybrid, electric and handicapped-marked vehicles.

“SUVs and 4x4s are a disaster for our health, our public safety and our climate. Bigger and bigger cars are dominating our towns and cities, and all so a privileged few can flaunt their wealth,” Tyre Extinguishers wrote on their website. “Because governments and politicians have failed to protect us from this danger, we must protect ourselves.”

The environmental campaigners said that they chose to target SUV owners living in Beacon Hill because of the area’s high concentration of wealth.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/climate-activists-deflate-tires-on-suvs-in-boston/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It's where John Kerry and a lot of other Massachusetts Dems live.

Online mountaineer

It's where John Kerry and a lot of other Massachusetts Dems live.
Yes, I saw one of Teresa Heinz Kerry's homes on Beacon Hill on one of our visits.
We were in Boston this past weekend, and nearly every SUV in sight was a small one, like a Honda CR-V. I don't suppose the enviroloonies made that distinction.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“SUVs and 4x4s are a disaster for our health, our public safety and our climate.

Try that bullshit in redneck country and we'll show y'all a disaster for your health.

If 'the Mrs.' doesn't do so first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmental group claims responsibility after dozens of cars left with deflated tires in Beacon Hill
BY MICHAEL YOSHIDA, 7 NEWS WHDH
APRIL 20, 2023

BOSTON (WHDH) - An environmental group has claimed responsibility after dozens of cars in Boston’s Beacon Hill neighborhood had their tires deflated on Wednesday night.

The group Tyre Extinguishers said it targeted gas-guzzling SUV’s.

Speaking on Thursday, neighbors were left bewildered.

“I’m flabbergasted,” area resident Jim Nally said. “It solves nothing.”

Tyre Extinguishers said it deflated tires on 43 luxury SUVs, saying the cars are dangerous to the environment, especially in cities where there are sustainable transit options available.

https://whdh.com/news/environmental-group-claims-responsibility-after-dozens-of-cars-left-with-deflated-tires-in-beacon-hill/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is what Lincoln referred to as "mobocracy."
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Notice they only do these kinds of things in the most liberal of places. AKA crapping in their own nest.
The Republic is lost.

Online Mod2

Merged threads