Author Topic: Elites’ ‘Compassion’ at the Border Leads to Enslavement and Death  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Elites’ ‘Compassion’ at the Border Leads to Enslavement and Death
The Biden Administration has taken the relatively stable border it received from its predecessor and turned it into a killing field.

By Brian Lonergan
April 19, 2023

The Great Communicator was probably channeling the frustration of American citizens in dealing with the federal government, but his statement could also apply to those trying to cross our southern border illegally. For all the lofty rhetoric from our political class and their allied remora fish-like immigration activists about helping migrants, their policies result in appalling levels of enslavement, sexual assault, and death.

By its geographic characteristics alone, our southern border has always been a hostile environment for humans to pass. By surrendering operational control of the border under the guise of extending opportunity to the less fortunate, the Biden Administration has taken the relatively stable border it received from its predecessor and turned it into a killing field.

In February, the Federal Register, the journal of the federal government, disclosed that 890 bodies of migrants were recovered by U.S. authorities along the border in 2022, a record number and a 58 percent increase over the previous year.

“It’s like a graveyard,” said Sheriff Tom Schmerber of Maverick County, Texas, which includes the heavily traveled crossing point of Eagle Pass. “I’ve been working the border for almost four decades and never saw tragedies of this magnitude.”

https://amgreatness.com/2023/04/19/elites-compassion-at-the-border-leads-to-enslavement-and-death/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson