Author Topic: No, Great Britain News, 20°C Temperatures Will Not Cause Britons To ‘Bake in a Heat Wave’  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Great Britain News, 20°C Temperatures Will Not Cause Britons To ‘Bake in a Heat Wave’
By Anthony Watts -April 20, 20230

Great Britain News (GBN) which advertises itself as “Britain’s News Channel,” recently ran a story claiming that warm temperatures which are forecast to soon arrive will cause residents of Britain to swelter or bake. Warmer temperatures are to be expected as the northern hemisphere transitions from winter into spring and summer, there is nothing alarming or unusual about it. Although the headline implies that the mini-heatwave is dangerous, “UK weather: Mini-heatwave to see Britons bake in 20C heat as hot air sweeps in from Europe,” data and the story itself say nothing of the kind.

The GBN article, which was picked up by other news outlets including The Express, and The Mirror, states:

A mini-heatwave is set to sweep across the UK with forecasters predicting temperatures above the 20C mark in just a matter of weeks.

The Met Office says a hot, humid plume of air arriving from Spain and France will mean temperatures will heat up towards the end of April.

The “baking heat wave” headline might look alarming to those that are unfamiliar with temperature scales taught in elementary school Grade 5, but to anyone that even knows a bare minimum about temperature scales, the headline is laughable.

The reason the headline is laughable can be found in a simple Google Search:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/no-great-britain-news-20c-temperatures-will-not-cause-britons-to-bake-in-a-heat-wave/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson