Author Topic: Civil rights activist slams concept of reparations and 'Blacks can only benefit if Whites lose' ment  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Civil rights activist slams concept of reparations and 'Blacks can only benefit if Whites lose' mentality
Story by Alexander Hall • Wednesday

Veteran civil rights activist Bob Woodson condemned the idea of reparations for past slavery on an episode of "Dr, Phil," suggesting that an anti-White mindset behind it is toxic for the Black community.

Why not? Not everybody suffered equally.

Dr. Phil hosted an episode on Tuesday where guests debated the morality and practicality of giving reparations to the Black descendants of slavery in the United States. Woodson, the author of "Red, White, and Black: Rescuing American History from Revisionists and Race Hustlers" was one of his guests, and he slammed the very concept of reparations from a variety of angles.

"When you go into slavery, it’s much more complex than all White people were the oppressors, and Black people were the victims," he said. "If you dissect it, you will find there were about 3,700 free Blacks who owned 12,000 slaves — Black slaves. The question is, do the descendants of those free Blacks who owned Black slaves, do they pay?"

Woodson, 86, claimed that the modern Black community in America is unrecognizable compared to the more socially conservative one of his youth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/civil-rights-activist-slams-concept-of-reparations-and-blacks-can-only-benefit-if-whites-lose-mentality/ar-AA1a4BHc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d352bd321a164f64b01c120227ac7dcf&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson