Author Topic: Biden reportedly prepping for 2024 announcement next week  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden reportedly prepping for 2024 announcement next week
« on: April 20, 2023, 10:39:16 pm »
 Biden reportedly prepping for 2024 announcement next week
by Brett Samuels and Alex Gangitano - 04/20/23 6:24 PM ET

President Biden is reportedly preparing to announce plans to run for re-election as early as next week.

The Washington Post first reported Thursday that Biden’s team is eyeing a video launch for Tuesday, which would coincide with the four-year anniversary of when he launched his 2020 bid.

The Associated Press, Bloomberg and USA Today later confirmed an announcement could happen next week.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on those reports.

One source close to the administration told The Hill that Biden may announce next week.  Another source familiar with talks told The Hill “soon” when asked about the timing.

One Democratic official close to the Biden administration noted in an interview that former President Barack Obama announced his own re-election in April 2011 via an online video, a strategy the Biden team may seek to emulate in lieu of a larger event with more fanfare.

The White House has not yet released the president’s full schedule for next week, though he will host the president of South Korea on Wednesday for a state visit and will likely attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner next Saturday.

Biden has also reportedly invited donors from his 2020 campaign to Washington for a meeting in the coming days, the latest sign the White House is laying the foundation for a looming campaign launch.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3961785-biden-reportedly-prepping-for-2024-announcement-next-week/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Biden reportedly prepping for 2024 announcement next week
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:47:22 pm »
I doubt I'll watch any official sniffy Joe videos.  But I would love to see the outtakes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 10:48:49 pm »
As I post on another thread.   Biden is going to announce his 2024 run next week...via video tape.   Can you believe that shit?  Video.  The basement campaign begins.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 07:48:06 pm »
Dementia Joe already said he's running. His basement video - whenever it happens - is anticlimactic, to say the least.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 08:01:17 pm »
I'd have a modicum of respect for any Democrat of prominence who would actually run against this guy.  They all know he's mentally incompetent, but they just are too afraid to say it out loud.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 08:06:21 pm »
Winter is coming ...
Santa Claus is coming ...
The Rapture is coming ...
The End of Days is coming ...
Halley's Comet is coming ...
Another Hale-Bop Comet track suit and kool-aid party is coming ...

Jeesh.  Just have generative A.I. create the announcement already.  That will take less time than videotaping all the takes necessary to cobble a coherent Biden announcement together.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 08:32:08 pm »

Jeesh.  Just have generative A.I. create the announcement already.  That will take less time than videotaping all the takes necessary to cobble a coherent Biden announcement together.

Biden could be the 1st AI President.  AI can replicate his voice and create a video's of him addressing the public.  Like the movie Dave but updated so as not to need a body double.    I think we need to add a clause to the requirement to be a US President....  Proof Of Life. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 08:35:00 pm »
I think the reality is that most democrats would likely agree that he's not quite all there.  But they view him as sort of "generic Democratic placeholder", and know that there will be some collection of other Democratic politicians of whom they'd likely approve actually making policy decisions.   

So in that sense, they're not wrong, and it makes some kind of sense.  Most of them agree with the majority of the policies that whatever cabal is behind him has made, and keeping him in place keeps all of that running.  More importantly, his presence enables them to avoid the political infighting that would otherwise be taking place, a mirror of which is present in the current GOP.

The obvious risk for them is independents who annoying tend to vote for "the man, not the party".   Which I think is kind of stupid but is the reality nonetheless.  So even though Democrats kind of like having this sort of group Presidency, they may lose some independents.