Author Topic: Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline libertybele

Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:40:40 pm »
Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Wednesday launched his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, with a USA Today/Suffolk University poll finding that 14 percent of Democrats support the Kennedy family scion.

"That is surprising strength for a candidate who has a famous political name but is now known mostly" as an anti-vaccine activist, USA Today noted. While President Joe Biden is still the heavy favorite for the 2024 nomination despite not officially announcing his campaign, only 67 percent of his 2020 supporters still support him, the poll found. Kennedy stands at 14 percent, and fellow long-shot candidate Marianne Williamson is at 5 percent.

Biden voters "are open to other Democrats," Suffolk University pollster David Paleologos said. "Kennedy, although a long shot at this point, starts in double digits and can't be ignored."

The president's poll numbers have cratered even among Democrats, the Washington Free Beacon has reported, with a majority of party members saying they don't want Biden to run again. Among all Americans, 78 percent don’t want the 80-year-old president to run. Biden's approval rating fell this week to a near-record low, the Free Beacon reported, with respondents pointing to the country's precarious economy and rampant crime spike.

Kennedy, the son of 1968 Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of former president John F. Kennedy, gave a "smart, carefully calibrated speech" at his Wednesday kickoff event, during which "the word 'vaccine' never crossed his lips," the New Hampshire Journal reported.

If Kennedy puts his name, his money, and "issues that energize" his base to good use, "he could create real problems" for Biden, the Journal reported. .................

https://www.conservativereview.com/is-rfk-jr-a-problem-for-biden-2659889003.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:08:10 pm »
He's a problem in that some Dems are stupid enough to vote for the Kennedy name, no matter what. Apart from being anti-vax, he doesn't seem have a lot of policy positions to commend him, as far as I can tell. Check out his tweet from 2017:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
Putin is a distraction. Meet the GOP operatives who actually stole the election

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/817512581204213760
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 10:16:26 pm »
He's a problem in that some Dems are stupid enough to vote for the Kennedy name, no matter what. Apart from being anti-vax, he doesn't seem have a lot of policy positions to commend him, as far as I can tell. Check out his tweet from 2017:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
Putin is a distraction. Meet the GOP operatives who actually stole the election

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/817512581204213760

I'm not so sure that the 'Kennedy' names means anything anymore. A lot of time has passed. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 10:20:56 pm »
"Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?"

Was Bobby Kennedy a problem for LBJ?
(I realize that Johnson withdrew from consideration in 1968, but RFK must have been on his mind in making the decision...)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 10:21:52 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 10:26:24 pm »
I think by the time the election rolls around, an avocado could give sniffy Joe a run for the money.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 10:29:01 pm »
"Is RFK Jr a Problem for Biden?"

Was Bobby Kennedy a problem for LBJ?
(I realize that Johnson withdrew from consideration in 1968, but RFK must have been on his mind in making the decision...)

@Fishrrman

There was enough 'bad blood' between LBJ and RFK that he refused to even consider running until LBJ dropped out.
   LBJ took care of that problem Brother, also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 10:31:02 pm »
He makes things interesting.  I like it.  Biden is going to announce his 2024 run next week...via video tape.   Can you believe that shit?  Video.  The basement campaign begins.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 10:41:23 pm »
He makes things interesting.  I like it. Biden is going to announce his 2024 run next week...via video tape.   Can you believe that shit?  Video.  The basement campaign begins.

Indeed, the basement campaign begins.  Video recording?  So can we expect more videos from Brandon?

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 10:43:13 pm »
He makes things interesting.  I like it.  Biden is going to announce his 2024 run next week...via video tape.   Can you believe that shit?  Video.  The basement campaign begins.

It's a proven strategery.  He beat Trump last time using the Election Fraud.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023, 06:22:32 am »
Indeed, the basement campaign begins.  Video recording?  So can we expect more videos from Brandon?
Does he have to fill in the circles this time, or was that just a COVID thing?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 11:11:03 am »
I still cherish the campaign memory of ol' Joe speaking to a sparkling lot full of brand new unoccupied Jeep Wranglers. Good times.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 05:18:24 pm »
You betcha! With tons of video and audio massaging to show America that vigorous and mentally fit octogenarian  :silly: :silly: :silly:

I think they are going to have a harder time selling Basement Brandon a second time, too many democrats have seen the reality of both Brandon and the Cackler and many are rightfully worried. Whether it will be enough to deny a second chance to then remains to be seen.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2023, 05:22:52 pm »
I don't know, but he could damage the crap out of him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2023, 06:15:30 pm »
You betcha! With tons of video and audio massaging to show America that vigorous and mentally fit octogenarian  :silly: :silly: :silly:

I think they are going to have a harder time selling Basement Brandon a second time, too many democrats have seen the reality of both Brandon and the Cackler and many are rightfully worried. Whether it will be enough to deny a second chance to then remains to be seen.

I agree with everything you wrote here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2023, 06:17:20 pm »
I don't know, but he could damage the crap out of him.

I agree with this.  I think Biden is very vulnerable, but there seems to be a dearth of other Democrats willing to run against him, and RFK Jr. is basically a third-tier kind of guy.  I don't think he can beat Biden, but he can certainly point out all of the many, many flaws with the guy, and damage him a lot before the general election.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2023, 06:39:27 pm »
Either way, a mental defective will be Dem nominee for President in 2024.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 06:42:21 pm »
Either way, a mental defective will be Dem nominee for President in 2024.
That's a given.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2023, 10:43:17 pm »
If RFK Jr were running as an independent in the general election and not in the democrat primary, he might be able to make an impact.  But Biden’s handlers have a mortal lock on the democrat nomination, and anyone else is just there for side-show entertainment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 10:55:05 pm »
Maj. Bill opines:
"I think Biden is very vulnerable, but there seems to be a dearth of other Democrats willing to run against him, and RFK Jr. is basically a third-tier kind of guy.  I don't think he can beat Biden"

Oh, brother.

The moment RKjr announced, he relegated every other potential challenger to ol' white joe to "also ran status" and the back of the bus.

That includes Newsom of California.

Were you around in the spring of 1968, Bill?
I was.

What's going to be interesting is how The Party chooses to deal with RKjr.
He's certainly "not in their corner" -- at least not all the way.

Can you imagine a debate between ol' white joe and Bobby Jr.?
Sumthin' tells me they ain't gonna let that happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see The Party use its own "underground election apparatus" against RKjr if the powers-at-the-top reckon that they can't afford to have a fair primary contest.

An interesting sight, indeed, particularly if Bobby Jr. calls them on it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2023, 01:43:13 am »
Maj. Bill opines:
"I think Biden is very vulnerable, but there seems to be a dearth of other Democrats willing to run against him, and RFK Jr. is basically a third-tier kind of guy.  I don't think he can beat Biden"

Oh, brother.

The moment RKjr announced, he relegated every other potential challenger to ol' white joe to "also ran status" and the back of the bus.

That includes Newsom of California.

Were you around in the spring of 1968, Bill?
I was.

Yes, I was, although I was a wee bit young to vote.  So what?

RFK Jr. isn't his old man.  He has zero political experience, no political constituency, and the Kennedy name doesn't mean the same thing to the voters of 2023 than it meant to voters 55 years ago.  If anything, it's probably a negative for most Democrat voters at this point.  What's more is that for Democrats, he's on the complete wrong side of the vaccine/Covid issue.  He's a poor candidate who is getting tractions because he's the only candidate not named Biden other than a confirmed nutbag.

Can you imagine a debate between ol' white joe and Bobby Jr.?
Sumthin' tells me they ain't gonna let that happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see The Party use its own "underground election apparatus" against RKjr if the powers-at-the-top reckon that they can't afford to have a fair primary contest.

An interesting sight, indeed, particularly if Bobby Jr. calls them on it.

No, I can't, because there is no reason under the sun for Biden to agree to one. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 01:44:21 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2023, 01:55:06 am »
   His past drug issues raise a big flag for me. It's either his Genetics or the Environment he was raised in. 
   Been there, done that but I aint asking for your vote in anything, other than my Polls.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 02:16:26 am »
I agree with this.  I think Biden is very vulnerable, but there seems to be a dearth of other Democrats willing to run against him, and RFK Jr. is basically a third-tier kind of guy.  I don't think he can beat Biden, but he can certainly point out all of the many, many flaws with the guy, and damage him a lot before the general election.

If Brandon were to actually debate him he could be a definite problem. Of course that would never happen.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2023, 02:48:29 am »
If Brandon were to actually debate him he could be a definite problem. Of course that would never happen.

You'd need to have at least two "name" Democrats challenging Biden for the nomination before you could even get any debates in the calendar.  And Biden still probably wouldn't even show up.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2023, 03:06:58 am »
  Wasn't it McCarthy's strong showing in New Hampshire the main catalyst for LBJ to abandon his reelection ideas?  The same could happen to bidet, could it not?   
  Take a Kennedy, Bush, clinton, obummer or Trump pill and call me in the morning is what they always say.   
  The more things change the more they stay the same.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2023, 04:06:54 am »
I give RFKjr credit for running. He has more guts than anyone else of significance in his party. The rest of them are secretly wishing he would not run but doing nothing to challenge him if he does. It reminds me of 1980 when Teddy Kennedy took on Carter in what turned out to be a losing effort.