Author Topic: Chicago police interim superintendent to step down when mayor-elect Brandon Johnson is sworn in  (Read 677 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 20, 2023 3:07pm EDT
Chicago police interim superintendent to step down when mayor-elect Brandon Johnson is sworn in
Chicago Police Department Interim Superintendent Eric Carter will step down on May 15

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

Chicago Police Department Interim Superintendent Eric Carter announced he will be stepping down when Democrat mayor-elect Brandon Johnson is sworn into office.

Carter made the announcement on Thursday, stating that he will be retiring from the police department on May 15 - the day Johnson is sworn in as mayor of Chicago.

"To the residents of Chicago, law enforcement agencies, clergy, community leaders, and the many organizations who work each day beside CPD, thank you. Your continued partnership strengthens public safety daily across our great city," Carter said in a statement on Thursday. "It has been my greatest honor to serve as your Interim Superintendent and I have committed to working with Mayor-Elect Johnson to ensure that our department continues to deliver transformational service to Chicago’s residents and visitors throughout the summer season, as the search for a permanent Superintendent continues and the subsequent transition."

Carter, a 30-year member of the Chicago Police Department, took over as superintendent after David Brown announced his resignation in March. Brown accepted a chief operating officer position at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, which is a personal injury law firm in Texas.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-police-interim-superintendent-step-mayor-elect-brandon-johnson-is-sworn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wonder if "Lets Go Brandon" Johnson asked him to leave?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut wonders:
"I wonder if "Lets Go Brandon" Johnson asked him to leave?"

Might be more like "gettin' out while the gettin's good..."

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wingnut wonders:
"I wonder if "Lets Go Brandon" Johnson asked him to leave?"

Might be more like "gettin' out while the gettin's good..."

If he was smart that would be the way to go.  This new mayor, Brandon Turd, looks like a pro crime, anti-cop Mayor.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If he was smart that would be the way to go.  This new mayor, Brandon Turd, looks like a pro crime, anti-cop Mayor.
Exactly. He has his 30 in, and I think it's a good time to get out with the new management coming in. I would think he hoped for better after Lightfoot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis