Author Topic: Trump: A DeSantis run would ‘hurt’ and ‘divide the Republican Party’  (Read 252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump: A DeSantis run would ‘hurt’ and ‘divide the Republican Party’
written by Summer Lane April 20, 2023

President Trump issued a solemn warning this week when it came to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s potential presidential ambitions, noting that a 2024 presidential campaign from the popular conservative leader would “hurt and somewhat divide the Republican Party.”

Trump explained in a new video, “Ron DeSantis is a young man who is not doing well against me in the polls, to put it mildly. I believe that if he decides to run for president, which will only hurt and somewhat divide the Republican Party – which we don’t need – he will lose the cherished and massive MAGA vote, and never be able to successfully run for office again. I believe that.”

more w/video
https://www.rsbnetwork.com/news/trump-a-desantis-run-would-hurt-and-divide-the-republican-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Divide?

So a fair  election candidate among the two woud hurt and divide the party?  Why kind of garbage is that?

Folks, I see this as a veiled threat by Trump that if the party doesn't hand him the nomination on a silver platter, he'll bolt for a 3rd party run.  That's how narcissitic this SOB is.

Then you really get a chance to see what "hurt" and "divide" is!!!!!!@!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:11:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Divide?

So a fairly election candidate among the two woud hurt and divide the party?  Why kind of garbage is that?

Folks, I see this as a veiled threat by Trump that if the party doesn't hand him the nomination on a silver platter, he'll bolt for a 3rd party run.  That's how narcissitic this SOB is.

Then you really get a chance to see what "hurt" and "divide" is!!!!!!@!

Apparently, this man-child didn't expect a 360 degree fight for the nomination.  Sounds scared.

If he is so worried about a battle for the nomination being divisive, then perhaps he should withdraw.  Otherwise, buckle up fatty! 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:13:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Apparently, this man-child didn't expect a 360 degree fight for the nomination.

You really do hang on my every word.  I'm flattered.    ***blushing***

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

You really do hang on my every word.  I'm flattered.    ***blushing***

I admit, I am a sucker for blatant hypocrisy because it makes such a tempting target.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I admit, I am a sucker for blatant hypocrisy because it makes such a tempting target.

Or...You've not had an original thought in your life.  wink777

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Then let's get rid of all the primaries and just have the GOP appoint the candidates, if more than one divides the country.

In fact let's just get rid of the GOP because two parties is too divisive.

Somehow we've had more than one candidate face off against each other for our entire history, and we have somehow survived.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Then let's get rid of all the primaries and just have the GOP appoint the candidates, if more than one divides the country.

In fact let's just get rid of the GOP because two parties is too divisive.

Somehow we've had more than one candidate face off against each other for our entire history, and we have somehow survived.

What was it, 16 or 17 different candidates ran in 2015-16?  And still, the overwhelming majority of Republicans rallied around the eventual nominee even if he wasn't everyone's first choice.  To the extent there is concern that Republicans won't rally around that guy in 2024, that suggests to me that it isn't the process but rather that particular candidate that is the problem.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Or...You've not had an original thought in your life.  wink777

Nah -- I really think it's the blatant hypocrisy.