Author Topic: ‘Poop falling from the ceiling’ shows military housing issues persist  (Read 90 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Poop falling from the ceiling’ shows military housing issues persist
By Karen Jowers
 Apr 20, 03:34 AM

“That night, things took a turn,” she said. Around 8 p.m., after an upstairs toilet had failed to flush, she noticed a liquid leaking from multiple spots in the kitchen ceiling.

It was brown, it was disgusting, and it was flowing uncontrollably, including into the bathtub.

“Water with poop was falling into our kitchen, with our groceries we’d just bought and onto our dog bed,” she said. She immediately notified the privatized housing company on base, Balfour Beatty Communities. Before midnight arrived, they were told they were being displaced, “that we should move to a hotel in an unfamiliar area, with two kids, two dogs and everything we had brought with us,” she said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/04/20/poop-falling-from-the-ceiling-shows-military-housing-issues-persist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson