Author Topic: Girl, 6, shot after basketball rolls into neighbor’s yard in North Carolina  (Read 1042 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WGN9 by: Jesse Ullmann, Connor Lomis, Will Lewis, Mike Andrews 4/20/2023

GASTONIA, N.C. (WJZY) – A manhunt is underway in North Carolina for a man accused of shooting his neighbors, one of whom is a 6-year-old girl.

Robert Louis Singletary, 24, is believed to be responsible for shooting and injuring several people around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Gaston County Police Department. He should be considered “armed and dangerous,” the department said.

The mother of the 6-year-old victim told Nexstar’s WJZY that the suspect started shooting after a child walked into his yard to retrieve a basketball that a group of kids had been playing with nearby.

“I heard the ‘pow, pow, pow, pow,’ and I thought it was fireworks,” said Ashley Hilderbrand, the mother of a shooting victim. “Then I heard the ‘pow, pow, pow,’ and everybody started yelling, ‘Get in the house!'”

Hilderbrand’s daughter Kinsley White was struck in the cheek, and White’s father William was shot multiple times.

“And when [William] went to the ground, the guy continued to shoot,” Hilderbrand said. “He didn’t care who he shot, who he killed.”

(Photo courtesy of the White family)                                                Suspect Robert Singletary is seen in an image
                                                                                                        released by the Gaston County Police Department. (GCPD)                         

More: https://wgntv.com/news/girl-6-shot-after-basketball-rolls-into-neighbors-yard-in-north-carolina/

Offline Kamaji

Racism, anyone?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Racism, anyone?

Impossible.  Everybody knows black thugs cannot be racists.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm shocked they released the identity of the shooter so soon.  I thought the standard policy was to wait 3 4 days and then with or without a mug shot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Police Say North Carolina Man Shot 6-Year-Old Girl and Her Family After Basketball Rolled into His Yard –Suspect Reportedly Remains at Large
By Cullen Linebarger Apr. 20, 2023 11:00 am219 Comments

WSOC-TV in North Carolina reported that a 6-year-old child and her parents were shot Tuesday night.

24-year-old Robert Singletary, the man allegedly responsible for the shooting, was furious a basketball happened to roll into his yard while young children were playing.

Police say Singletary ran down the street and fired his gun at a neighbor. Singletary then allegedly returned and shot William White and his 6-year-old daughter Kinsley while they were running away.

Kinsley and her dad were seriously injured from the gunfire. The little girl was left with bullet fragments in her cheek while William remains in the hospital.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/why-did-you-shoot-my-daddy-and-me-6-year-old-girl-after-she-and-her-parents-shot-at-after-basketball-rolled-into-neighbors-yard/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

We are a dying nation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Hate to say it, but this was black-on-white crime, so nothing to see here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Hate to say it, but this was black-on-white crime, so nothing to see here.

Exactly.  Much more prevalent than White-on-black crime, but much less newsworthy, too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We are a dying nation

@LMAO

I love your new Avatar!  He looks pretty proud!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

@LMAO

I love your new Avatar!  He looks pretty proud!

Thank you.

Walleye fishing last summer with him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Suspect in North Carolina shooting of 6-year-old arrested in Florida
by Conrad Hoyt, Overnight News Editor |
April 21, 2023 01:36 AM

The man accused of shooting a 6-year-old girl and her parents on Tuesday in North Carolina after a basketball rolled onto his lawn turned himself in to police in Florida on Thursday.

Robert Singletary, of Gastonia, North Carolina, was wanted for four counts of attempted first-degree murder, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.

Singletary was taken into custody in Tampa, Florida, at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday, according to the Gaston County Police Department, which added that he did not have any identification on him. Singletary will be extradited to Gaston County, North Carolina, and have a court appearance on Friday. ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/suspect-north-carolina-shooting-6-year-old-arrested-florida?fbclid=IwAR2jK6yMgX0xMiGeZed9GqyhpEe8ltyx3DAniQUJaXMQjKBPzK73Vp6PTyk
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Singletary was charged with assaulting his 21-year-old girlfriend with a mini sledgehammer. Police said Singletary kept the victim inside his apartment and did not allow her to leave for over two hours,

How many pounds was the hammer?  4, 8, 10 OR MAYBE 16?  you could maul a person with one of them thins

Offline berdie

Why in ever lovin' world would you shoot a child and her family because a stray basketball rolled into the yard. :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many pounds was the hammer?  4, 8, 10 OR MAYBE 16?  you could maul a person with one of them thins
Even a 3 pounder will pound.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm shocked they released the identity of the shooter so soon.  I thought the standard policy was to wait 3 4 days and then with or without a mug shot.

@Wingnut

You're not the only one surprised by this. He sure looks like a real charmer in the photo,doesn't he?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Suspect in North Carolina shooting of 6-year-old arrested in Florida
by Conrad Hoyt, Overnight News Editor |
April 21, 2023 01:36 AM

The man accused of shooting a 6-year-old girl and her parents on Tuesday in North Carolina after a basketball rolled onto his lawn turned himself in to police in Florida on Thursday.

Robert Singletary, of Gastonia, North Carolina, was wanted for four counts of attempted first-degree murder, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.

Singletary was taken into custody in Tampa, Florida, at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday, according to the Gaston County Police Department, which added that he did not have any identification on him. Singletary will be extradited to Gaston County, North Carolina, and have a court appearance on Friday. ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/suspect-north-carolina-shooting-6-year-old-arrested-florida?fbclid=IwAR2jK6yMgX0xMiGeZed9GqyhpEe8ltyx3DAniQUJaXMQjKBPzK73Vp6PTyk

@mountaineer

YIKES,all those people shot,and none of them died!

The goober that shot them is VERY lucky. Yeah,he WILL be going to prison for multiple attempted murders,but since nobody died,there is a 1 in a thousand chance he might come up for parole one day.

Yeah,not much of a chance,but better than no chance at all if you are him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

The identity came out because he hadn't been found yet. So he was a suspect at the time and the police needed help finding him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Family fundraiser for Kinsley White breaks $80,000

Keep it up!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/j9bma-medical-bills-and-family-support

4:01 PM · Apr 22, 2023

Offline Wingnut

@Wingnut

You're not the only one surprised by this. He sure looks like a real charmer in the photo,doesn't he?

Real upstanding gent.