Author Topic: Air Force Pararescue teams: Unsung heroes of Special Operations  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Pararescue teams: Unsung heroes of Special Operations
 Jessica Evans

Published April 17, 2023 06:31:19

The Air Force’s pararescue teams, or PJs, are some of the bravest and most skilled individuals in the world. These men and women perform the most challenging rescue missions, showing exceptional bravery, determination, and an unwavering commitment to saving lives, even in extreme and hazardous conditions.

The role of PJs is crucial in many different scenarios, including combat search and rescue (CSAR) operations, humanitarian aid missions and emergency medical assistance in remote and dangerous environments.

They know how to operate in high-stress situations, making split-second decisions that can save others. Despite the inherent dangers, PJs are always ready to put their lives on the line in service to their country. Their courage and selflessness have earned them a reputation as real-life superheroes, inspiring admiration and gratitude from people around the world. They are truly remarkable.

What are PJ teams?

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-tactical/air-force-pararescue-teams-pjs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Air Force Pararescue teams: Unsung heroes of Special Operations
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 01:35:35 am »
And THAT my friends,is the TRUTH!

Being lowered into a jungle clearing while attached to a cable to try to provide first aid and rescue shot down and injured pilots is a VERY dangerous job. Yeah,they do have all the air cover in the world backing them up,but they are still on the ground in enemy territory,with,at MOST,one other AF medic,trying to find and rescue shot down air crews. Once they do find them,they have to provide emergency medical care to them and then try to winch them up into a rescue chopper,and oftentimes,get into gun fights with the enemy.

Yet they get almost no mention at all.

These guys have some serious stones. Trust me on this one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!