Author Topic: BREAKING>> SpaceX's largest rocket ever built explodes four minutes after launch  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
SpaceX  4/20

SpaceX is targeting as soon as Thursday, April 20 for the first flight test of a fully integrated Starship and Super Heavy rocket from Starbase in Texas. The 62 minute launch window opens at 8:28 a.m. CT and closes at 9:30 a.m. CT.

Starship is a fully reusable transportation system designed to carry both crew and cargo to Earth orbit, help humanity return to the Moon and travel to Mars and beyond. With a test such as this, success is measured by how much we can learn, which will inform and improve the probability of success in the future as SpaceX rapidly advances development of Starship.

To date, the SpaceX team has completed multiple sub-orbital flight tests of Starship’s upper stage from Starbase, successfully demonstrating an unprecedented approach to controlled flight. These flight tests helped validate the vehicle’s design, proving Starship can fly through the subsonic phase of entry before re-lighting its engines and flipping itself to a vertical configuration for landing.

In addition to the testing of Starship’s upper stage, the team has conducted numerous tests of the Super Heavy rocket, which include the increasingly complex static fires that led to a full-duration 31 Raptor engine test – the largest number of simultaneous rocket engine ignitions in history. The team has also constructed the world’s tallest rocket launch and catch tower. At 146 meters, or nearly 500 feet tall, the launch and catch tower is designed to support vehicle integration, launch, and catch of the Super Heavy rocket booster. For the first flight test, the team will not attempt a vertical landing of Starship or a catch of the Super Heavy booster.

A live webcast of the flight test will begin ~45 minutes before liftoff. As is the case with all developmental testing, this schedule is dynamic and likely to change, so be sure to stay tuned to our social media channels for updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wcilQ58hI

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watch SpaceX TEST Starship, the biggest rocket ever, LIVE

Everyday Astronaut

This is the first fully integrated full stack test flight of Starship and the mighty Super Heavy booster. At lift off, it will become the largest and most most powerful rocket to ever fly producing over twice as much thrust as the Saturn V that took humans to the moon.

The goal of the test is to get as far along in the mission as possible with a handful of important goals such as; clearing the launch pad, reaching max Q,  getting to stage separation, ignition of Starship, burn Starship's engines for 7 minutes and 20 seconds which would get Starship up to nearly orbital velocities and would place Starship on a suborbital trajectory that will cause it to reenter just north of Hawaii. This would allow the teams to test the reentry profile and heat shields for the first time from orbital velocities.

Want more information? Check out our Prelaunch Preview written by Austin Desisto - https://everydayastronaut.com/starshi...

Want to know where to watch this live? I made a video on how to visit Starbase and where to watch a launch from -
https://youtu.be/aWvHrih-Juk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAl3gVvMNNM

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hold and recycling Clock

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Booster Tank Pressurization a tad off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hold at T-40 Seconds

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Counting Down

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Launched!!!!!!!!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Didn't quite make it to Hawaii....     :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SpaceX's largest rocket ever built explodes four minutes after launch
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter |
April 20, 2023 10:06 AM

SpaceX's Starship, the largest rocket ever launched, exploded four minutes after takeoff.

The spaceship exploded above the Gulf of Mexico shortly after takeoff, failing to achieve its ambitious goals, according to the New York Times. However, the explosion was only described by the outlet as "A setback for Elon Musk and SpaceX, but not a fatal one."

https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/1649045184322371584

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/space/spacexs-largest-rocket-explodes-after-launch
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 02:16:32 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I am interested to hear what the telemetry analysis of the launch determines what the failure was caused by.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Years ago I had a co-worker that worked in Range Safety in the early days of the Atlas Centaur. Range Safety was responsible for blowing up rockets whose launch was failing. Launch after launch was failing. To help find the source of the problem, they installed video cameras inside the vehicle. On the next flight they saw lunch debris and lost tools flying around inside the vehicle.

I hope that my son's team that worked on the S24 didn't leave anything inside.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I am interested to hear what the telemetry analysis of the launch determines what the failure was caused by.

Not an expert by any means but from an anomalous POV, 2 things struck me as strange....  (1) the horizonal Shimmy of the rocket after the 1st minute, and later an external combustion with a gaseous interphase located what appeared to be a pretty good distance from the rocket plume. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
LabPadre
@LabPadre

VR Cam caught some spectacular footage as #SuperHeavy rocked #SpaceX #Starbase this morning. I am floored at the amount of debris that was ejected. Waiting on Rover 2 damage assessment. Congratulations @elonmusk
 on pulling this historical launch!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1649053476276797440

EmJaferd
@emjaferd
·
38m
How far is the camera from the launch tower?

LabPadre
@LabPadre
·
32m
1100 ft.

TJ Cooney 🚀
@TJ_Cooney
·
52m
very bold to leave a car there

R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
This should be very interesting on what the Insurance companies have to say sooooo what happened…

Ya I was little to close to the world most powerful rocket in history launching and damaging my car no worries tho 😅

Insurance company: Ya… we don’t have insurance for rocket damage

Offline Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

This should be very interesting on what the Insurance companies have to say sooooo what happened…

Ya I was little to close to the world most powerful rocket in history launching and damaging my car no worries tho 😅

Insurance company: Ya… we don’t have insurance for rocket damage

The cars of people watching and working at the event got damaged?  I hope no one  was hurt.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Standing there alone, the ship is waiting
All systems are go, are you sure?
Control is not convinced
But the computer has the evidence
No need to abort.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Standing there alone, the ship is waiting
All systems are go, are you sure?
Control is not convinced
But the computer has the evidence
No need to abort.....

I don't think even Major Tom would have boarded that stick of dynamite.   :cool:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't think even Major Tom would have boarded that stick of dynamite.   :cool:

Neither would the Planet P guy in "Why Me"

(Disclaimer. Never understood the meaning of the song. It might not even been about space!  lol
)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Congrats @SpaceX team on an exciting test launch of Starship!

Learned a lot for next test launch in a few months.

10:00 AM · Apr 20, 2023

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Failure is the new success ... the rocket exploded after it left the launchpad.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Right_in_Virginia

////00000////

Failure is the new success ... the rocket exploded after it left the launchpad.

It was a first test flight.  Would you really have them quit now?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:15:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
It was a first test flight.  Would you really have them quit now?

In all fairness, when you look at the mission scope, it was supposed to splash down near Hawaii.

Elon Musk is not a quitter.  If anything he'll be stronger and more driven to  exceed expectations next time. His managment speak met the results.  Got to keep the morale up of such a talented team.

All Managers know that failure breeds ....lessons learned.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:21:31 pm by catfish1957 »