Author Topic: Report: Disney to Lay Off Thousands of Employees Starting Next Week  (Read 463 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Disney to Lay Off Thousands of Employees Starting Next Week

David Ng 19 Apr 2023

The Walt Disney Co. will reportedly swing the ax again next week in what is expected to be the company’s largest massacre so far this year. Thousands of jobs are on the chopping block as part of the woke company’s ongoing round of layoffs that will see a total of 7,000 workers lose their jobs.

The cuts will include Disney’s TV, movie, theme parks and corporate teams, affecting every region where Disney operates, unnamed sources told Bloomberg News. Some workers will be notified of their layoffs as early as Monday. In all, Disney will eliminate about 15 percent of the staff in its entertainment division, which includes movie and TV production as well as streaming.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1648491477939679232

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/04/19/report-disney-to-lay-off-thousands-of-employees-starting-next-week/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Report: Disney to Lay Off Thousands of Employees Starting Next Week
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 05:13:58 pm »
Get woke go broke.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 05:19:23 pm »
Disney will likely be retaining their core GLBTQxyz+^n staff, and laying off the straights.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 05:22:49 pm »
:mauslaff:

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 05:47:29 pm »
Get woke go broke.

It seems more and more the case
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 05:58:39 pm »
The HappiestGayest place on earth!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023, 09:32:54 pm »
What falls under Disney General entertainment?
Sub-divisions of DGEC include the American Broadcasting Company, ABC News, Disney Branded Television, Disney Television Studios, ABC Signature, ABC Family Worldwide, Hulu Original Content Teams as well as assets acquired from 21st Century Fox and then fully integrated, i.e.

It doesn't sound like the cuts will affect the Theme parks which have always been their cash cow, I wouldn't be surprised to see another round of increases at the gate as well as to their already insane food, beverage and souvenir prices. My BIL works distributing costumes out of Toon Town at Disney Resorts Anaheim and he says Disney has been working their @sses off in prep of the summer opening.