Author Topic: Actress Patti LuPone Smears American Christians as No Different from the Taliban  (Read 832 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Actress Patti LuPone Smears American Christians as No Different from the Taliban

Alana Mastrangelo 19 Apr 2023

Actress and Broadway star Patti LuPone said during her Tuesday appearance on The View that she has “no idea what the difference is” between “our Christian right and the Taliban.”

After being asked what she thought about “DeSantis and the LGBTQ,” LuPone said, “That is extremely upsetting. These are human beings. And I could cry. They’re not harming anybody.”

Watch Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BdlPDL66bM&t=278s&ab_channel=TheView

“I don’t know why he’s doing this,” LuPone said of Florida Gov. Ron (R). “And I said this before, and I’m going to get in trouble, but I have said this before, and it’s been in print: I don’t know what the difference between our Christian right and the Taliban is. I have no idea what the difference is.”

“I just don’t know what the difference is. What’s happening in this country right now in the name of religion is so dangerous,” the Heist star continued. “And it’s not this country. It’s not America.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/04/19/actress-patti-lupone-smears-american-christians-as-no-different-from-the-taliban/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
GO to Iran and try to hold a pride parade.

You'll find out the difference tout suite!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

She seems nice.

:whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

GO to Iran and try to hold a pride parade.

You'll find out the difference tout suite!

That might be interesting, but if she really wants to make a head to head comparison with the Taliban she should try holding the "Pride Parade" in Afghanistan or the tribal regions of Pakistan.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

That might be interesting, but if she really wants to make a head to head comparison with the Taliban she should try holding the "Pride Parade" in Afghanistan or the tribal regions of Pakistan.
Pretty much the same result, I'd wager, but Tehran has taller buildings, Afghanistan, no shortage of cliffs.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Who in the heck is Patti Lupone? And I'm not being sarcastic.

Offline LMAO

My question also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looked her up on IMDB and the only thing I had heard of was Penny Dreadful and I never watched any of it. One thing is after reading some of her quotes is she is really full of herself and an arrogant ass..........so in answer she is no one of any import to me.

Offline mountaineer

Best known for her theatrical performance in "Evita," she also has appeared on TV.
I don’t know what the difference between our Christian right and the Taliban is. I have no idea what the difference is.
Well, at least she admits she's ignorant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I know who Patti Labelle is..

Offline Smokin Joe

When the alphabet crowd is falling off planes trying to escape the Bible Belt, let me know.

Until then, she's full of it.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More proof that there is no intelligent life in Hollywood.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex