Author Topic: Border Encounters With Potential Terrorists On Pace To Shatter Previous Record  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Encounters With Potential Terrorists On Pace To Shatter Previous Record
MEXICO-US-POLITICS-IMMIGRATION-MIGRANTS

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
April 18, 2023
9:31 AM ET

Border Patrol nabbed 80 individuals at the southern border whose names appeared on the terror watchlist in just six months, meaning the number of potential terrorists apprehended at the border is on pace to shatter the previous record, according to data released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Monday.

Terrorist watchlist apprehensions in all of fiscal year 2022 totaled 98, making fiscal year 2023 on pace to hit a new record, according to CBP. The data comes amid an uptick in illegal migration at the southern border, where CBP recorded more than 1 million migrant encounters between October and March. (RELATED: ‘Ineffective’: Former Trump Admin Officials React To Biden’s Latest Action On The Border)

Border Patrol encountered no individuals on the terror watchlist at the southern border in fiscal year 2019, then three in fiscal year 2020 and 15 in fiscal year 2021, according to the CBP data.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/18/border-terrorists-encounters-record/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson