Author Topic: Like a Cold You Just Can't Shake: Mitch McConnell Returns to Capitol Hill  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Like a Cold You Just Can't Shake: Mitch McConnell Returns to Capitol Hill
By Robert Spencer 4:05 PM on April 18, 2023

Well, we dared to hope. When Mitch McConnell fell at a hotel in Washington in early March and couldn’t get up, we thought we might have a chance for new Republican leadership in the Senate and for some real opposition to the Left’s increasingly insane agenda, rather than the dreary establishment Me-Tooism that McConnell represents. When Mitch was out of action for weeks, Matt Margolis noted that “there are whispers that he might not be fit to return to the Senate and is preparing for retirement.” It was enough to make a patriot positively giddy with excitement at the prospect, but alas, now Mitch has dashed everyone’s hopes by returning to work.

Mitch McConnell is 81 years old. He is nine months older to the day than Old Joe Biden, who gives us indications of his diminished cognitive abilities on a daily basis. On the day Mitch was born, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066, which was the legal basis for the internment of over 120,000 Japanese-Americans in the United States during World War II. That same day, the Japanese defeated Allied forces in the Battle of Badung Strait, off Bali.

On the home front, major league baseball got permission from President Roosevelt to keep going as a morale booster during the war. The Brooklyn Dodgers’ spring training camp was in Havana; eighty years later, no baseball teams train in Communist Cuba, and the Dodgers haven’t played in Brooklyn since Mitch McConnell was a junior in high school. In sum, Mitch McConnell was born into a vastly different world from the one we inhabit. And it’s long past time for him to step aside and allow those who grew up in a world that was a bit more like our own, for better or worse, to revitalize the political opposition that McConnell, as its putative leader, has done so much to hamstring.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/04/18/like-a-cold-you-just-cant-shake-mitch-mcconnell-returns-to-capitol-hill-n1688271
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cold?  More like long term Covid.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

sh*t.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cold?  More like long term Covid.
I was thinking a lot lower than the sinuses :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I was thinking a lot lower than the sinuses :whistle:

A social disease perhaps?   :laugh:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

A social disease perhaps?   :laugh:
I was thinking Hemorrhoid, doesn't go away and is a constant source of irritation, STD's can be cured.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I was thinking Hemorrhoid, doesn't go away and is a constant source of irritation, STD's can be cured.

Works for me although I knew a guy who spent ten years in the Philippines trying to get cured of something he caught in Vietnam.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

Works for me although I knew a guy who spent ten years in the Philippines trying to get cured of something he caught in Vietnam.
888mouth

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.