Author Topic: The Navy is hiding children's medical records (trans, STDs) from parents  (Read 272 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy is hiding children's medical records (trans, STDs) from parents
JAZZ SHAW 9:21 AM on April 17, 2023

For everyone who has been arguing that the American military isn’t going woke (leading to a dearth in recruiting), you might want to look at this story. Over the weekend, a video popped up on Twitter showing a Navy Nurse Practitioner in Bahrain giving a presentation to military parents regarding pediatric healthcare policies. The audience was clearly shocked to learn that military parents of children aged 12 or older could not access their children’s medical records online. And children as young as 15 or 16 can make medical appointments for specific issues without parental notification. Those “issues” are, of course, gender identity, pregnancy, STDs, and mental health. One of the fathers in the crowd was clearly incredulous. (Postmillennial)

On Friday, a video was posted to Twitter in which a Navy Nurse Practitioner addressed Navy personnel in Bahrain about medical policy regarding their children when a concerned father spoke up.

The Navy spokesperson explained the Navy medical policy regarding children and said, “This generation is definitely more open with experiencing and experimenting and so I ask those tough questions. Do you identify as a male, female, non-binary? If you have a crush on someone is it a male or a female? Do you have a significant other and yes, I’m asking them if they are having sex.” 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/04/17/the-navy-is-hiding-childrens-medical-records-trans-stds-from-parents-n544296
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they Navy is, there is a good chance the other branches are too. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"I haven’t been able to locate an official delineation of this policy on any military websites and when the speaker was asked how long this policy has been in effect she said that she didn’t know. Perhaps we should take this with a grain of salt for now and consider the possibility that this is just one woke medical provider stationed overseas and freelancing with the military’s policies.

Oh hell no.  First, this was a lieutenant commander speaking, and she didn't appear the least bit concerned that she was stating this policy publicly. So even if it isn't official Navy-wide policy, someone outranking her establish the policy. And if it happened at one base, it can certainly happen at others.

In any case, if this was a rogue policy of which the Navy previously was unaware, it was most certainly of it very shortly after the original tweet was posted on April 14.  Given the lack of an official statement from the Navy disavowing this policy, I'd say it's pretty damn safe to say that it is official Navy policy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:17:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline ScottinVA

And if one service is engaging in this practice, they ALL are.  Though I served 28 years in the military (AF retired - 2004), I will never recommend military service to anyone as long as these perverts are in positions of decision making.