Author Topic: Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2023, 08:34:39 pm »
You're not taking into consideration what would be involved in relocating WDW. It would bankrupt them. They aren't going anywhere and they are going to have to eat the shit sandwich they created for themselves with their woke policies and statements.

Exactly.  They couldn't really "relocate" anything of substance because so much of it is permanent.  So instead, they'd have to simply close WDW, and then find another location to build a new one from scratch.  The land acquisition alone would be a prohibitive nightmare.

They're stuck.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2023, 08:34:48 pm »
I don’t think anybody is saying that. The problem is his type of attacks. As it gets closer to the time that Ron DeSantis might announce, Trump and his MAGAs are attacking Ron DeSantis, not as another Republican challenger, he’s using left-wing websites and statistics that are faulty at best to attack him

Trump is starting to attack Ron DeSantis as if Trump’s his Democrat opponent.

@LMAO

You saw AND BELIEVE that because you hate Rude Orange Man.

I support Trump BECAUSE he is a "Rude Orange Man". ALL of our national problems are based on politicians playing "go along to get along" with bills up for votes.

This has been going on for so long there are virtually  no elected officials left that don't owe  do many favors they are no longer really in control of their votes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2023, 08:36:15 pm »
Wow.  What a load of tripe.

First off, Trump attacked first, so if DeSantis has responded in kind, that's all on Trumpy's head, not DeSantis.

Second, if Trump were attacking DeSantis on matters of substance - shit that actually matters to voters - and not petulant, childish little attempts to engage in character assassination, then you might have an argument there.  But that's not what Trumpy is doing; he's engaging in childish character assassination, and is completely avoiding any actual policy discussions.

So, if you want to vote for an ineffective, provably mostly failed, ex-president, just because he has a potty mouth and isn't afraid to use it, go right ahead, but don't think that there's anything honorable about that.

@Kamaji

Yeah,it is MUCH mo betta to support a backstabbing little bitch,right?

After all,if you can't support someone like that,who CAN  you support?

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2023, 08:37:50 pm »
Disney is a multi-national, multi-billion corporation.

They can write off any losses associated with the closing or moving the Orlando parks against future profits.

Disney can move all financial assets of value away from Orlando parks, and spin-off the Orlando parks as a separate corporation, bereft of assets, to enter liquidation bankruptcy.  The laid-off employees and lost tax revenues would be DeSantis' problems.

New Mexico would be a great location for a replacement of the Anaheim and Orlando theme parks - lots of available land, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no Gavin Newsom, and no Ron DeSantis.

The shareholders would sue the officers for costing them tens of billions of dollars, and the resort would lose money in the winter months.  They would have subservient democrat politicians and lots of chili peppers, but that won't help much.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 08:39:04 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2023, 08:40:29 pm »
@catfish1957

Talk about "Ironic funny",that is ALL you anti-Trumpers have done since Day One.

:facepalm2:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2023, 08:41:18 pm »
@Kamaji

Yeah,it is MUCH mo betta to support a backstabbing little bitch,right?

After all,if you can't support someone like that,who CAN  you support?

The only "backstabbing little bitch" is Donald Trump himself.  So, you tell us, how do live with supporting a backstabbing little bitch?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2023, 08:41:59 pm »
Ahh, so he's running on his made-up record, not his actual record.

Trump's record includes the disaster of his Covid policies, and more importantly, handing us over to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.  That is the most important legacy of his Administration.  And I'd bet if he managed by some miracle to win in 2024, he and the entire GOP would be so hated by 2028 that he'd likely be handing us over to someone like AOC.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2023, 08:42:05 pm »
@sneakypete - I just like to ask you to consider these two points you've made:

But second, isn't DeSantis just taking the same hard-nosed approach towards winning that you admire in Trump?  He wants to be President, sees this as a great moment because of the particular issues confronting the country and because of the likely weakness of the Democratic opponent, so he's running.  Expecting him to play the nice, deferential guy while extolling Trump precisely for not being that kind of guy just seems a little inconsistent to me.

If Trump is willing to bulldoze over all all opposition, including Republicans, in his quest for the nomination, why shouldn't every other Republican be entitled to do the exact same thing?

@Maj. Bill Martin

I want DeSantis for President,too. AFTER he serves 4 years as Trumps VP.

America NEEDS a President like Trump that knows this is his last chance to make history,and who doesn't mind stomping on a few toes.

DeSantis needs 4 years of sitting in the wings and learning the ins and outs of the presidency before taking over th.e spot himself.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2023, 08:43:02 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I want DeSantis for President,too. AFTER he serves 4 years as Trumps VP.

America NEEDS a President like Trump that knows this is his last chance to make history,and who doesn't mind stomping on a few toes.

DeSantis needs 4 years of sitting in the wings and learning the ins and outs of the presidency before taking over th.e spot himself.

Only a moron would agree to be on the same ticket with "backstabbing little bitch" Trump.  Maybe DeSantis is such a moron - it remains to be seen - but I rather doubt it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2023, 08:43:34 pm »
It's divisive as hell! Even if he wins the primary, when he's done being a lying sack of crap against DeSantis, how many of DeSantis' fans will find it in themselves to vote for him in the general? And more importantly, how much of the DeSantis machine will be willing to come under Tumpy's command? And even if he somehow wins the general (which I can't see happening), how many of those he pissed off with these tactics will be willing to turn and follow him into an administration?

We already know that answer - VERY few - That's why he got boxed into the White House and could do nothing except govern by EO the last time. Welcome to Deja Vue... if what's happening feels familiar, it's because it happened before...

Tumpy will splinter the Right and divide it.
It's what he does.

@roamer_1

I think all you "anti-Trump" people should  convince Miss Manners to run. You would LOVE her!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2023, 08:44:06 pm »
Once again, Trump did not tell Disney to move out of Florida.  He warned DeSantis to stop f*#king around:

More:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-calls-desantis-war-disney-unnecessary-says-needs-work-squatter-mess?intcmp=tw_fnc

Trump was very obviously handing Disney a roadmap of exactly what he thinks they should do to screw over DeSantis and the people of Florida.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2023, 08:47:44 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I want DeSantis for President,too. AFTER he serves 4 years as Trumps VP

So let me get this straight -- you want DeSantis to be President in 2028, which presumably means you think he's right on most policies, etc..  And yet despite that, if he did manage to win the 2024 nomination, you wouldn't vote for him just because he beat Trump?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2023, 08:51:24 pm »
Once again, Trump did not tell Disney to move out of Florida.  He warned DeSantis to stop f*#king around:

I for one am GLAD DeSantis has taken up the cause against pedo-grooming Disney and tranny loving Butt Light... And I will back him to the 9s on that alone.

And take note that Tumpy and Co. are on the other side of both those fences... Standing with the liberals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2023, 08:57:59 pm »
So let me get this straight -- you want DeSantis to be President in 2028, which presumably means you think he's right on most policies, etc..  And yet despite that, if he did manage to win the 2024 nomination, you wouldn't vote for him just because he beat Trump?

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup!

TRUMP is the President we need next,NOT DeSantis or anyone else.

Online LMAO

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2023, 08:58:49 pm »
@LMAO

You saw AND BELIEVE that because you hate Rude Orange Man.

It's not what I believe. It's what he is doing. Quoting Joy Reid blogs? Seriously? What next? Repeating Maddow's talking points?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:18:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2023, 09:00:49 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup!

No, Trump is not.  He would do nothing more than continue down the merry path of destruction he helped to inaugurate the last time around, a path that he has already promised to follow in his latest pronunciamentos.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2023, 09:05:00 pm »
@roamer_1

I think all you "anti-Trump" people should  convince Miss Manners to run. You would LOVE her!

@sneakypete

Thanks, but I will be backing DeSantis if he declares.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2023, 09:13:07 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup!

Well, I understand why that makes you prefer Trump to DeSantis.  I'm not sure it explains why you wouldn't prefer DeSantis to Biden or Newsome if the choice came down to that.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2023, 10:09:28 pm »
DeSantis was over-reaching in his attempt to out-Taliban Gregg Abbott and the Texas Taliban.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2023, 10:31:15 pm »
DeSantis was over-reaching in his attempt to out-Taliban Gregg Abbott and the Texas Taliban.

????

Online LMAO

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2023, 11:06:26 pm »
DeSantis needs to be much more than the culture warrior. I'm not suggesting he should total abandon cultural issues as now that involves drag shows for kids and puberty blockers. But it seems as of late he want's to be Patton in the culture wars.

Despite Trump's claims, Florida under GOP leadership an economic success. Florida is running a record surplus while Trump's buddy, Newsome, is running a huge deficit. DeSantis needs to showcase that instead of, "I forced Disney out of my state."

All this is assuming he ultimately does run

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:07:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2023, 11:24:26 pm »
Well, I understand why that makes you prefer Trump to DeSantis.  I'm not sure it explains why you wouldn't prefer DeSantis to Biden or Newsome if the choice came down to that.

@Maj. Bill Martin

For two reasons.
1: DeSantis doesn't have the WH experience with people stabbing him in the back that Trump now has. Which  means during his first term he would trust the wrong people.

2:Trump is not just an ego-maniac. He is an ego-maniac with a grudge against the professional pols that stabbed him in the back his previous term in office,and since this will be his last chance to go down in history as "the President that saved America",he will more much more cautious about who he trusts and who he can't trust.

BTW,what I wrote above explains WHY I want DeSantis to be Trump's VP. It will put him in the catbird seat to see how the backstabbing at the upper level of government goes,and will teach him who he can trust,and who he can't.

3:Trump  can't be bought and he can't be blackmailed,and there is NOTHING more important to him than his ego,and how he gets written about in the history books.

Yeah,I DO understand that he will NOT accomplish everything I hope for,but neither will anyone else,and unlike everybody else,Trump can't be blackmailed because his life is pretty much an open book. AFATG,he might even consider someone telling stories about his sex life or his finances are someone who is bragging about him.

4: We desperately need a President at this time that will fight the left,and nobody but Trump is in a position to do that. Certainly not any career politicians.

5: Trump can ONLY serve one term,so he won't be looking at re-election chances ever,never mind from his first day in office.

Online LMAO

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2023, 11:35:59 pm »

4: We desperately need a President at this time that will fight the left,

That isn't Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2023, 11:37:21 pm »
That isn't Trump

@LMAO

Yeah,causen Trump is such a shy and retiring fellow,right?

Online LMAO

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2023, 11:47:29 pm »
@LMAO

Yeah,causen Trump is such a shy and retiring fellow,right?

Republicans don't use left wing talking points to attack other republicans especially from the blog of one of the biggest left wing race baiters, Joy Reid
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:53:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater