Author Topic: THE BEST IS YET TO COME: Republicans Gained SUPERMAJORITIES in 3 States In Recent Weeks.  (Read 366 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Democrats have suffered major reverses in North Carolina, Louisiana, and Wisconsin, with Republican legislators gaining supermajorities in all three states.

With the state legislatures now firmly in the hands of the GOP, the power of Democrat governors in the three states may be in peril.

In Louisiana, the Republicans – still very much considered the ‘party of Trump’ – enjoy supermajorities in both the House and Senate of the state legislature as a result of its longest-serving lawmaker, Rep. Francis Thompson, switching parties, meaning Governor John Bel Edwards can no longer veto bills banning biological males from girls’ sports in schools or lifting restrictions on concealed carry, for example.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/04/16/the-best-is-yet-to-come-republicans-gained-supermajorities-in-3-states-in-recent-weeks/
The Republic is lost.

Offline ScottinVA

The Democrats have suffered major reverses in North Carolina, Louisiana, and Wisconsin, with Republican legislators gaining supermajorities in all three states.

With the state legislatures now firmly in the hands of the GOP, the power of Democrat governors in the three states may be in peril.

In Louisiana, the Republicans – still very much considered the ‘party of Trump’ – enjoy supermajorities in both the House and Senate of the state legislature as a result of its longest-serving lawmaker, Rep. Francis Thompson, switching parties, meaning Governor John Bel Edwards can no longer veto bills banning biological males from girls’ sports in schools or lifting restrictions on concealed carry, for example.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/04/16/the-best-is-yet-to-come-republicans-gained-supermajorities-in-3-states-in-recent-weeks/

One small ray of hope amid a very dark era.

Offline mountaineer

My state has been overwhelmingly Republican in the past few years - after decades and decades of Democrat rule. Now another member of the state Legislature has switched:
     Apr 19, 2023
West Virginia lawmaker switches to GOP, 'cannot continue down the road' of Democrat Party
"I have come to the conclusion that to be an effective delegate for the people of my district and to accurately represent the will of my people, I can no longer in good conscious remain a Democrat."
Hannah Nightingale, The Post Millennial

On Monday, West Virginia Delegate Elliott Pritt became the fourth lawmaker in recent weeks to switch from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party.

According to Fox News, Pritt, who works as a teacher, is a freshman delegate who defeated the Republican incumbent in the 2022 election. ...

"I simply cannot continue down the road that the Democratic Party is headed if I am to accurately represent my constituents and my people as well as my own conscience." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org