Author Topic: Big Deal Super Threat or Not? Russia & Iran Have 230mph "Supercavitating Torpedos"  (Read 65 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Big Deal Super Threat or Not? Russia & Iran Have 230mph "Supercavitating Torpedos"

Russia’s Shkval supercavitating torpedo reportedly reaches speeds of 230 miles per hour, four times faster than most legacy torpedoes
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION23 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington D.C.) Russia’s Shkval supercavitating torpedo reportedly reaches speeds of 230 miles per hour, four times faster than most legacy torpedoes

Of possible concern to the Pentagon, a “supercavitaing” torpedo has increased speed to attack surface ships and submarines on the move at great distances, with the ability to maneuver and achieve precision.

Supercavitating Torpedoes: What We Know
Both Iran and Russia reportedly operate supercavitating torpedoes, according to their own press reports.

Russia’s VA-111 Shkval is a supercavitating torpedo reported by Russian press to achieve speed of 230 miles per hour, a speed more than four times speeds listed for most legacy torpedoes which travel anywhere from 28 to 48 Mph. The speed differential, therefore, is massive and therefore something likely to increase the risks posed to major US Navy surface ships and submarines seeking to elude detection.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/supercavitating-torpedos
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson