Author Topic: Rep. Katie Porter Calls On Congress To ‘Police The Supreme Court’  (Read 411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Katie Porter Calls On Congress To ‘Police The Supreme Court’

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
April 17, 2023 3:09 PM ET

Democratic California Rep. Katie Porter called on Congress to “police the Supreme Court” during a Monday appearance on “The View.”

The hosts and Porter discussed reports that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has allegedly accepted vacations funded by his billionaire friend Harlan Crow without reporting them. Many of his opponents, including Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, have called for his impeachment over the reports.

“The problem is, how do you police the Supreme Court?” co-host Ana Navarro asked.

“Congress absolutely can and should police the Supreme Court,” Porter said. “Residual power for our government is in Congress, not in the executive branch, not with the president and not the Supreme Court. And that’s because we’re the closest to the people. People elect and un-elect us every two years, and so Congress can pass a judicial code of ethics for the Supreme Court, and when we do, by the way, we need to learn from our own mistakes with our congressional codes of ethics.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/17/rep-katie-porter-police-supreme-court-the-view/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Rep. Katie Porter Calls On Congress To ‘Police The Supreme Court’
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 01:17:04 pm »
How about we police federal elections, first?  I want an auditable system of federal elections, so that, as a matter of fact, any single race can be audited to confirm that it was, in fact, fair and that there was no, or only immaterially little, cheating.  Right now we don't have that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 01:18:08 pm »
You know that National Divorce that MTG has proposed and we have discussed here?

The fact we have individuals in congress with these kind of ideas just adds to "pro" debate.  Add SCOTUS to the Donald Trump DOJ treatment....... 

Our freedoms as citizens are in the most danger ever.   Even as colonist, we had more under KG3. The monarchy never threatened colonial judical pre-1775.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 02:05:49 pm »
WATCH: Katie Porter Blames Criticism of Her Staff Abuse on RACISM

This is not an incorrect headline.

Rep. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) has, of course, consistently blamed criticism of her performance in office on sexism like any good neoliberal politician would. But she also recently piloted a new little victimization narrative for herself by complaining about racism, just to shake things up.

Porter’s recent cry of racism comes in the context of her travels through the corporate media circuit to promote herself as demented Dianne Feinstein’s replacement as one of California’s two senators.

As part of her campaign, Porter graced ABC’s The View, toxic cesspit of performative feminism that it is, for a daytime TV propaganda tour.

In doing so, one of the cooperative hosts teed Porter up with a softball question about the recent scandals that have engulfed her office.

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1648033903578345472

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/benbartee/2023/04/17/watch-katie-porter-blames-criticism-of-her-staff-abuse-on-racism-n1687980
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 02:08:14 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 02:17:07 pm »
I can remember at time when we had democratic senators that though we disagreed with,  we at least had a certain level of decorum type of respect for.

When the upper chamber has nearly 10% of its body with the names of Porter, Fetterman, Warren, Duckworth, Booker, Schumer, Sanders, and Warren?   None of these are either qualified or even have the skills to clean our toilets.  or...  are outright treasonous enemies of this nation.

Weep for our nation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 02:39:40 pm »
Actually, Porter is a rep, not a Senaturd... but your point definitely stands.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 02:51:20 pm »
Actually, Porter is a rep, not a Senaturd... but your point definitely stands.

I know she wasn't, but if you beleive the article she has those aspirations, and I wouldn't put it past the blind elecorate of CA to put her in.

That was the intent.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 02:58:00 pm »
I can remember at time when we had democratic senators that though we disagreed with,  we at least had a certain level of decorum type of respect for.

When the upper chamber has nearly 10% of its body with the names of Porter, Fetterman, Warren, Duckworth, Booker, Schumer, Sanders, and Warren?   None of these are either qualified or even have the skills to clean our toilets.  or...  are outright treasonous enemies of this nation.

Weep for our nation.

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 03:01:11 pm »
Porter is making the rounds on all the talk shows....trying to rehabilitate her career after stories released accusing her of domestic violence...?
Support the USO