Author Topic: Biden’s Released at Least 2,020,522 Southwest Border Migrants  (Read 101 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Released at Least 2,020,522 Southwest Border Migrants
And probably a lot more – plus 1.3 million known “got-aways”

By Andrew R. Arthur on April 17, 2023

One of the most common questions that I regularly get is “How many illegal migrants has President Biden released?” I have run the numbers, and it’s at least 2,020,522. I promise to show my math, but the real total is likely hundreds of thousands more, plus 1,373,155 others who evaded Border Patrol agents, all thanks to the president’s “catch and release” policies.

Disclosures in Texas v. Biden. Most of the information publicly available on President Biden’s migrant releases comes from Texas v. Biden, a case filed by the states of Texas and Missouri in April 2021 to force DHS to reimplement the Trump-era Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), better known as “Remain in Mexico”.

By way of background, MPP was a program implemented in January 2019 by then-DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, which allowed CBP to return “other than Mexican” migrants (OTMs) caught entering illegally back to Mexico to await their removal hearings.

Although MPP was not in full effect until summer 2019, nearly 70,000 OTMs were returned across the border under the program during the Trump administration. When their hearing dates arrived, MPP enrollees were paroled in custody into the United States to appear before immigration judges at border “port courts”. If they were granted asylum, they were admitted into the United States; if asylum was denied, they were removed.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Released-Least-2020522-Southwest-Border-Migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson