Author Topic: McDonald's is making several improvements to its burgers  (Read 815 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McDonald's is making several improvements to its burgers
« on: April 18, 2023, 01:52:06 am »
McDonald's is making several improvements to its burgers
The fast-food chain is making a number of small changes to its Big Macs and classic Cheeseburgers, including a hotter sear and melted cheese, which the company believes lead to a big improvement in quality. By Jonathan Maze on Apr. 17, 2023

McDonald’s is debuting several small changes to its Big Macs and Classic Cheeseburger that the company believes to be a huge improvement in their overall quality.

Known internally as “Best Burger,” the changes involve the tenth-pound burgers used in its classic Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers, McDouble, Double Cheeseburger and Big Mac. The changes will include softer buns that are toasted, melted cheese and onions that are added to the patties while they are on the grill to give them a caramelized flavor.

The company is also adding more sauce to its Big Macs, to ensure customers get more sauce in every bite. And it is adjusting its grill settings to improve the sear on the burgers. It is also tempering the cheese so it melts.

The changes are all relatively small individually. The burgers will still be cooked frozen, unlike made-to-order Quarter Pounders. And the burger patties will still be kept in warmers, though operators will prepare smaller batches of them more frequently to reduce the amount of time a typical patty is held before being served.

Yet the company believes the changes will all lead to significant improvements in the quality of those burgers. The changes have been taking place for years in international markets. And the changes have already been implemented in various markets in the Western U.S., including Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland Ore., San Francisco, Sacramento, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boise, Tucson and other cities.

more
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/marketing/mcdonalds-making-several-improvements-its-burgers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McDonald's is making several improvements to its burgers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 02:13:21 am »
McDonald's does not agree with my GI system.  I haven't eaten there in years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 03:11:56 am »
McDonald's does not agree with my GI system.  I haven't eaten there in years.

Me neither... To say it leaves me a bit gassy would be like saying the Mississippi is a nice little creek...

Needless to say, since I am male, that's about half of why I like it. I can nearly hover, and clear a 2 bedroom house of all life.

But, they are also seriously close by... Them and Arby's, Little Squeezers, and kinda Subway, are all just minutes up the truck bypass... Everything else is far enough away that it would be cold if I tried to bring it home... 

But alas! Since my recent faltering, a gutbomb from Mac's is months and months away. Even Subway... WAY more salt than I can have.

8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 04:10:31 am »
Known internally as “Best Burger,” the changes involve the tenth-pound burgers used in its classic Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers, McDouble, Double Cheeseburger and Big Mac. The changes will include softer buns that are toasted, melted cheese and onions that are added to the patties while they are on the grill to give them a caramelized flavor.

Close to forty years ago when I first started managing MickeyD's this was the standard method, also I had to put that food out at 60seconds counter and 30 seconds at the drive thru!! Things first started going downhill after Jack killed a few people with E. Coli due to under cooked and no doubt improperly refrigerated beef forcing the entire industry to overcook their burgers to a dry tasteless piece of leather. Then came "Made To Order" a complete misdirection (LIE) because what they actually meant was assembled to order, all the meat, fish, chicken and buns were cooked/toasted and then place in steam/warming cabinets until an order was made and that's why you don't get hot food at McD, Carls, Jack, etc. Exceptions being places like In-N-Out and others that stuck to old school methods.

I can tell MickeyD's how to fix their problems and get customers to come back.

1. Dump at least half the menu items including the frufru coffee crap.

2.Get back to what Ray demanded and was McDonald's success, hot food served fast by friendly people in a clean environment.

I rarely go to a MickeyD's anymore(rarely any Quick Service) but I am always left angry at what they have become, as a rule nobody gives a damn, service is slow and food is only warm and the taste because of it is poor, 9 out of 10 times the most you will get from an employee when they push your food at you is 'here'. If I ran my stores the way Mcd's are as a rule run now I would have been fired and if my employees behaved as the ones I interact with now I would have fired them.

McDonald's will not turn around unless they reduce their menu so that it is possible to serve hot food quickly, simply put get back to what made them a success.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 04:16:41 am »
I can tell MickeyD's how to fix their problems and get customers to come back.

Numero UNO:

Put them fries back in the tallow.  happy77

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 04:40:08 am »
Numero UNO:

Put them fries back in the tallow.  happy77
Yeah that too! Dropping trow for a minority of whiners **nononono*