Author Topic: DeSantis threatens to build a PRISON next to Disney as payback for trying to strip his powers  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis threatens to build a PRISON next to Disney as payback for trying to strip his powers: Florida Governor ramps up Reedy Creek war and refuses to let 'corporate kingdom' serve 'as its own government'

DeSantis said he might build a prison on state land next to Disney World
    'I just think that the possibilities are endless,' he said
    More action coming later this week in his war against the theme park company

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter

Published: 10:36 EDT, 17 April 2023 | Updated: 17:28 EDT, 17 April 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened to build a state prison next to Walt Disney World as payback for the company's attempt to circumvent the authority of his oversight board.

The Republican governor ramped up his war against the Magic Kingdom by declaring the state legislature, controlled by his party, will void Disney's legal maneuvering that effectively stripped his new oversight board of authority over the company.

And he promised more crackdowns to come next week as he rains down war on theme park giant in order to keep Mickey, Minnie and company from living happily ever after.

DeSantis went to Disney's hometown to make his escalate his war. It was there he dropped his bombshell announcement  that he's considering putting criminals next to the theme parked visited by millions of families with their children every year.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11981539/DeSantis-nullify-Disney-deal-stripped-power.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I love it.  The happiest place on earth next to a Max prison.  Nicely played.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

Disney should have expanded into Texas long ago, but their management is too cheap, and now they would have a hissy fit over the politics.  I think Bob Iger overplayed his hand.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Mmmmm, yeah I dunno if that was so wise actually. Makes him look petty. Base will love it of course.

Online libertybele

DeSantis threatens to build a PRISON next to Disney as payback for trying to strip his powers: Florida Governor ramps up Reedy Creek war and refuses to let 'corporate kingdom' serve 'as its own government'

DeSantis said he might build a prison on state land next to Disney World
    'I just think that the possibilities are endless,' he said
    More action coming later this week in his war against the theme park company

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter

Published: 10:36 EDT, 17 April 2023 | Updated: 17:28 EDT, 17 April 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened to build a state prison next to Walt Disney World as payback for the company's attempt to circumvent the authority of his oversight board.

The Republican governor ramped up his war against the Magic Kingdom by declaring the state legislature, controlled by his party, will void Disney's legal maneuvering that effectively stripped his new oversight board of authority over the company.

And he promised more crackdowns to come next week as he rains down war on theme park giant in order to keep Mickey, Minnie and company from living happily ever after.

DeSantis went to Disney's hometown to make his escalate his war. It was there he dropped his bombshell announcement  that he's considering putting criminals next to the theme parked visited by millions of families with their children every year.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11981539/DeSantis-nullify-Disney-deal-stripped-power.html

?? I'm not so sure I agree with this.  If this story is true, why put a prison next to where there's going to be a lot of kids.

In the beginning of the article it states that he says that he "might" put a prison there. So, who knows. 

Wouldn't $$ to do this have to be approved by the House?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:33:11 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Does a state's governor really want to chase one of its largest employers out of the state?

Massachusetts politicians ran Smith & Wesson out of Springfield, MA, with their anti-gun policies.

If was Iger, I'd spin off the Orlando theme parks into their own corporation, close the parks, and delcare bankruptcy.

The theme parks have been money losers for Disney.  The Disney corporation would be more profitable, and more valuable, without the theme parks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

?? I'm not so sure I agree with this.  If this story is true, why put a prison next to where there's going to be a lot of kids.

In the beginning of the article it states that he says that he "might" put a prison there. So, who knows. 

Wouldn't $$ to do this have to be approved by the House?

He was joking about the wide range of land use opportunities.  Disney does need to construct more affordable housing for their employees.  Most of them are stuck in ratty motels near Kissimmee. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

He was joking about the wide range of land use opportunities. 

No he wasn't.

Online cato potatoe

No he wasn't.

Keep on clutching those pearls, Trump Lady.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Keep on clutching those pearls, Trump Lady.

Compelling argument  :whistle:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

DJT's anti-Desantis posts don't really endear him to us, RiT. Even those who have voted for him in the past.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

You seem to imply that as long as Disney is investing money, they can groom and bugger little kids at will.
The Republic is lost.

Online cato potatoe

Compelling argument  :whistle:

Look on the bright side.  If DeSantis lobbies for a federal pen, maybe Donald can live there.

Online Kamaji

You seem to imply that as long as Disney is investing money, they can groom and bugger little kids at will.

Of course, because, as Trump Jr. just made blatantly clear the other day, the Trumps are pro-trannie, which means they're pro-groomer.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Look on the bright side.  If DeSantis lobbies for a federal pen, maybe Donald can live there.

While I expect this motivates DeSanctus, he'll fail here, too.  So, no worries.   happy77

Online Right_in_Virginia

Nope. Disney ultimately succeeds or fails with its woke policies based on the customer response; not ill-conceived, half-assed executed political stunts.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No he wasn't.
Awe, another talent discovered, mind reading :silly: :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Nope. Disney ultimately succeeds or fails with its woke policies based on the customer response; not ill-conceived, half-assed executed political stunts.
So what you're saying is that DeSantis is pulling a Trump?