Author Topic: Is Climate Change really caused by electronic thermometers? (The BOM don’t want Australians to see t  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is Climate Change really caused by electronic thermometers? (The BOM don’t want Australians to see the data)
 The Australian

By Jo Nova
Electronic thermometers may read up to 0.7 degrees higher than glass ones.
Sometime in the mid-1990s the Australian Bureau of Meteorology replaced many of their glass thermometers with electronic sensors. They claimed they were carefully verified to match the slow way the old glass thermometers worked — after all, we wouldn’t want to use gizmos that recorded new all-time *Hottest Ever Records* that were actually just one-second gusts of hot air, would we? Our newspapers would be full of meaningless headlines about how Climate Change made us hotter than ever in history, when really it was just a mistaken effect of a new type of thermometer. Imagine that disaster of public policy…

Of course this question is so easily solved. The BoM just needed to keep the two thermometers side by side in the same boxes and record all that data. Then they could release it, showing how well the electronic gadgets mimicked the glass thermometers, and Australians everywhere would feel confident that BoM was the sterling agency they thought it was. Instead Skeptics have been asking for comparison data for nine years and the BoM has refused, hedged, asked exorbitant fees, destroyed data and when the FOI requests came — fought them tooth and nail to stop Australians from seeing what their thermometers recorded.

Climate change threatens life on Earth, but the BoM isn’t that interested in accurate data, doesn’t want to convince the skeptics, doesn’t care if the trends are affected by equipment changes and can’t afford some extra flash drives, even though it gets nearly a million-dollars-a-day. Sure.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/04/is-climate-change-really-caused-by-electronic-thermometers-the-bom-dont-want-australians-to-see-the-data/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-climate-change-really-caused-by-electronic-thermometers-the-bom-dont-want-australians-to-see-the-data
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson