Author Topic: Mark Krikorian: Surge of illegal immigrants and fentanyl across the US border is definitely a crisis  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mark Krikorian: Surge of illegal immigrants and fentanyl across the US border is definitely a crisis
Apr 15, 2023  2
'It's a crisis': Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly on southern border

Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona tells CNN's Jake Tapper that there's more to do on border security and "I don't agree with some of my Democratic colleagues on this."

Suppose that over a month or two, prices doubled. Would that be a crisis? Would it be a crisis if the number of people out of work doubled? Or the number of drug overdoses doubled, or car crashes or burglaries?

So how is it that a doubling — and more — of illegal immigration isn’t a crisis?

Even after two years of unprecedented levels of border-jumping, the Biden administration’s point man on immigration, the not-yet-impeached Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, mulishly refuses to use the word “crisis” to describe the massive jump in illegal immigration that started immediately after the president’s inauguration in January 2021.

Of course there’s a border crisis.

https://lacrossetribune.com/opinion/columnists/mark-krikorian-surge-of-illegal-immigrants-and-fentanyl-across-the-us-border-is-definitely-a/article_cad247fb-6b0b-5298-ade5-7d8bb5b8a899.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson