Author Topic: Texas man hired through Craigslist arrested for smuggling migrants  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas man hired through Craigslist arrested for smuggling migrants
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
 April 16, 2023 12:14 AM

A criminal smuggling organization recruited a Texas man through Craigslist to transport migrants from Mexico into the United States, authorities who arrested him said this week.

The Texas Department of Public Safety said officers arrested Nathaniel Chavez, 42, as he drove a black Volkswagen Passat through Val Verde County with four Mexican immigrants toward Austin, Texas, one of whom was a minor. Chavez, who authorities say is from Spring, Texas, was charged with two counts of smuggling persons for financial benefit and one count of smuggling of a minor.

Asked by police what he was doing, the suspect said he found the driving job on Craigslist, the online classifieds domain. Chavez's expected compensation for the alleged smuggling operation was not immediately clear.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/texas-man-arrest-smuggling-migrants-craigslist
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson