Author Topic: Climate envoy Kerry: No rolling back clean energy transition  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate envoy Kerry: No rolling back clean energy transition
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:23:01 am »
Climate envoy Kerry: No rolling back clean energy transition

By Elaine Kurtenback - Associated Press - Sunday, April 16, 2023

SAPPORO, Japan — So much has been invested in clean energy that there can be no rolling back of moves to end carbon emissions, U.S. climate envoy John Kerry said Sunday.

Kerry noted that if countries deliver on promises to phase out polluting fossil fuels, the world can limit average global warming to 1.7 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit), better than the worst case scenarios but still above the current limit of 1.5 C global warming above pre-industrial levels.

“We’re in a very different place than where we were a year ago, let alone two and three years ago,” Kerry said in an interview with The Associated Press.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/apr/16/climate-envoy-kerry-no-rolling-back-clean-energy-t/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate envoy Kerry: No rolling back clean energy transition
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 11:23:59 am »
A lot of countries around the world would seem to disagree. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson