Author Topic: California power companies roll out fixed-rate bill proposal  (Read 875 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
California power companies roll out fixed-rate bill proposal
« on: April 16, 2023, 07:37:40 pm »

KTLA.com
by: Marc Sternfield
Posted: Apr 14, 2023

If you earn more, you pay more.

That’s the basic idea behind sweeping changes proposed by California’s three largest power companies that will impact your electricity bill.

Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas & Electric, and San Diego Gas & Electric submitted a joint proposal to the state’s Public Utilities Commission last week that outlines the new rate structure. It follows last year’s passage of Assembly Bill 205 which requires a fixed rate and generally simpler bills.

Under the proposal:

Households earning less than $28,000 a year would pay a fixed charge of $15 a month on their electric bills in Edison and PG&E territories and $24 a month in SDG&E territory.
Households with annual income from $28,000 – $69,000 would pay $20 a month in Edison territory, $34 a month in SDG&E territory and $30 a month in PG&E territory.
Households earning from $69,000 – $180,000 would pay $51 a month in Edison and PG&E territories and $73 a month in SDG&E territory.
Those with incomes above $180,000 would pay $85 a month in Edison territory, $128 a month in SDG&E territory and $92 a month in PG&E territory.
Additionally, recurring charges for items such as maintenance and operations, will simply go away.

(more)
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/california-power-companies-roll-out-fixed-rate-bill-proposal/

---------------------------------------
I'm not sure how this will work??
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

Re: California power companies roll out fixed-rate bill proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 07:44:38 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 08:01:26 pm »
People with less income should set up automobile and battery charging stations for fee.
Or run electrical feeds to their more wealthy neighbors.

They could get rich quick if this plan is real.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 08:16:46 pm »
After examining the details, I applaud this.  Can't wait for California to enact this.  The highest monthly charge I see here is $128 in San Diego for those making over $180k.  I don't know about the rest of you, but $128/mo is a bargain compared to what I am paying now.  And unlike the California plan, I actually pay more if I run my A/C 24/7 in the spring, summer, and fall with the thermostat set at 73°F.  With this brilliant new plan offered by California utilities, there is zero incentive for customers to use less electricity.  Watch electric usage go through the roof with zero increase in utility revenues.  Please let this happen.  Please.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 08:25:58 pm »
After examining the details, I applaud this.  Can't wait for California to enact this.  The highest monthly charge I see here is $128 in San Diego for those making over $180k.  I don't know about the rest of you, but $128/mo is a bargain compared to what I am paying now.  And unlike the California plan, I actually pay more if I run my A/C 24/7 in the spring, summer, and fall with the thermostat set at 73°F.  With this brilliant new plan offered by California utilities, there is zero incentive for customers to use less electricity.  Watch electric usage go through the roof with zero increase in utility revenues.  Please let this happen.  Please.

Yup.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Goes Full Communist: Utilities to Base What They Charge on How Much You Make
BY ROBERT SPENCER 10:29 AM ON APRIL 16, 2023

California Goes Full Communist: Utilities to Base What They Charge on How Much You Make

The state of California is implementing full Marxism before our very eyes under the guise of “equity.” And so now there can be no possible doubt if there ever was for anyone: instituting Communism has been what “equity” initiatives have been about all along. Now three of its most powerful utility companies are saying that they’re going to charge based not on how much of their product was used, but on how much money the user makes.

In simpler times, if you bought something, you paid for it. Rich or poor, tall or short, black or white, female or male, wise or foolish, everyone paid the same amount for a product. But in our more enlightened era, we know how unjust that really is. It deprives the poor of access to vital goods and services, and that injustice must be redressed.

That’s what Communism is all about, at least in theory: leveling out economic differences between people by confiscating earnings from the rich and awarding them to those who have less. This is the fundamental reason why Marxism, despite its extraordinarily bloody historical record, still appeals to so many people, rich, poor, and in between: it appears to redress the injustices in life and provide everyone with a decent living.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/04/16/california-goes-full-communist-utilities-to-base-what-they-charge-on-how-much-you-make-n1687622
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Either there is something hidden that protects Silicon Valley or California's intellectual elite and wealthy will beat feet for where they can make and keep what they earn.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pretty ballsy actually, considering Cali politicians feed off Hollywood and Silicone Valley campaign contributions like crack.
The Republic is lost.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
mewsomes test tool.... for seeing how far left he can go....prior to his run for president...

id bet theres a back door escape route in case of utter failure

Online libertybele

Pretty ballsy actually, considering Cali politicians feed off Hollywood and Silicone Valley campaign contributions like crack.

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 11:05:17 pm »
Merged.