Author Topic: Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp urges Republicans to move on from election fraud claims: '2020 is ancient hi  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Senate elections aren't national elections. Try to keep up.

First, you never said national election. Tough to "keep up" with someone who tosses out offhand remarks with no context. 

Second, Biden has polled over 1% many times while running for national office, so I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Just as a quick sample, here's a link to more than a dozen 2020 polls showing Biden not only polling at over 50% (which is just a little bit over the 1% you claimed he could reach), but actually ahead of Trump.

ETA: would have been helpful if I'd have included the link.....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:43:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have absolute no idea what you mean with the bolded language.   Biden won a buttload of Senate elections over the year in which he clearly had more than 1% support, and the only way he became the Dem nominee is because of support in obvious excess of 1%.

But that's all tangential to the real point.  Biden did not have to come out of his basement to campaign because nobody voted for Joe Biden thinking he'd be a great president. The votes he got were from people who hated Trump, and weren't offended by Biden.

He won not because he was fantastic, but precisely because he was mediocre, and therefore an acceptable, boring alternative to Trump.
Mediocre?

You're too kind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

Both 2020 Georgia elections were stolen.  And the Governor was complicit in it.

Nope Trump lost to a senile old coot
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think Kemp has a point in that there is a distinction between combating election fraud moving forward for 2024, and continuing to argue that the 2020 election was stolen.   The latter sounds to many voters like a refusal to accept an election result you don't like, and that turns off a lot of people.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Kemp has a point in that there is a distinction between combating election fraud moving forward for 2024, and continuing to argue that the 2020 election was stolen.   The latter sounds to many voters like a refusal to accept an election result you don't like, and that turns off a lot of people.

I don't give a flyin F' what it looks like, truth is truth! @Maj. Bill Martin
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'd like to bring back some 20 year old history, and how the dims suffered from Sore-Loserman Syndrome 2001-2004.  I think remember punditry figured it cost them a couple of senate seats, 10-15 House Seats, and just possibly a Kerry presidency.  The squishy moderate voters punish whiners. 

Though I believe  '20 was stolen, us focusing and stewing on it from now to election day will be counterproductve.  We need to fix the system more that bitching about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'd like to bring back some 20 year old history, and how the dims suffered from Sore-Loserman Syndrome 2001-2004.  I think remember punditry figured it cost them a couple of senate seats, 10-15 House Seats, and just possibly a Kerry presidency.  The squishy moderate voters punish whiners. 

Though I believe  '20 was stolen, us focusing and stewing on it from now to election day will be counterproductve.  We need to fix the system more that bitching about it.

And here we disagree! Strongly!  In my view we MUST focus on it until it is fixed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And here we disagree! Strongly!  In my view we MUST focus on it until it is fixed!

Sometimes we underestimate the damage Man Bear Pig- meister did to dim brand.  HIs whining became  a joke, and he became a permanent laughing stock.  Trump risks the same fate, if his '24 campaign rhetoric focuses more on this than the damage Biden has incurred.
That and get legislation focused on ways to prevent democrat chicanery.

Hey we agree 99.99% of the other time though.   :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't give a flyin F' what it looks like, truth is truth! @Maj. Bill Martin

The problem is you had to be able to prove it is truth, in some court somewhere. For whatever reason, neither Trump nor anyone could.  That's the system we have. If you believe that an election has been stolen, you file a court case and challenge it. If you don't win that case, then you agree to abide by the official result of the election.

That's what most voters expect of their politicians, and if a politician doesn't abide by that, that's a deal-breaker for a while lot of voters.

And at this point, what do you expect to accomplish anyway?  There is a 0% chance that the election of 2020 is going to be thrown out, and Trump retroactively installed as president. 0%. So why do something that you know is going to lose votes when it has absolutely no chance of succeeding, and in fact will undermine the chance of getting Trump reelected in 2024?

Offline DB

The problem is you had to be able to prove it is truth, in some court somewhere. For whatever reason, neither Trump nor anyone could.  That's the system we have. If you believe that an election has been stolen, you file a court case and challenge it. If you don't win that case, then you agree to abide by the official result of the election.

That's what most voters expect of their politicians, and if a politician doesn't abide by that, that's a deal-breaker for a while lot of voters.

And at this point, what do you expect to accomplish anyway?  There is a 0% chance that the election of 2020 is going to be thrown out, and Trump retroactively installed as president. 0%. So why do something that you know is going to lose votes when it has absolutely no chance of succeeding, and in fact will undermine the chance of getting Trump reelected in 2024?

But no court had the courage to actually look at the evidence due to the much larger ramifications of what's been going on.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The problem is you had to be able to prove it is truth, in some court somewhere. For whatever reason, neither Trump nor anyone could was given the opportunity to try.  That's the system we have. If you believe that an election has been stolen, you file a court case and challenge it. If you don't win that case, then you agree to abide by the official result of the election.

Fixed it for you!

As to why do it; So everyone will KNOW it was stolen.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Fixed it for you!

He and his lawyers were given the opportunity to try, and lost.  Regardless of the grounds, they lost.

As to why do it; So everyone will KNOW it was stolen.[/size]

Except they won't.  You've had more than two years to convince people that it was stolen, and you've failed.   By now, everyone you hope to convince has tuned you out to the point where they are not going to take the time and effort to read, research, and validate new evidence even if someone managed to come up with some.

People are not going to change their minds no matter how many times the same claims are repeated.

Offline kevindavis007

Sometimes we underestimate the damage Man Bear Pig- meister did to dim brand.  HIs whining became  a joke, and he became a permanent laughing stock.  Trump risks the same fate, if his '24 campaign rhetoric focuses more on this than the damage Biden has incurred.
That and get legislation focused on ways to prevent democrat chicanery.

Hey we agree 99.99% of the other time though.   :beer:

The reality is this, the more we complain (well not all of us) about 2020 it's going to hurt our prospects in 2024.

Just a reminder Dems did that in 04 and they lost.

Stacy Abrams complained about the 2018 election and she lost big.

Trump failed to produce evidence of fraud many times when he had a chance.  He also could have stopped the changes (that he complained about) BEFORE THE ELECTION

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline roamer_1

The problem is you had to be able to prove it is truth, in some court somewhere.

There it is, right there.

The only corruption that matters is the corruption you can prove in court.

Offline berdie

There it is, right there.

The only corruption that matters is the corruption you can prove in court.

That is so true. I really believe that there were manipulations. More than the norm? Beats me.

But, for whatever reasons, the courts wouldn't hear the cases. So, it's time to move on, quit moaning about 2020 and fix the future. But that's just my humble opinion.

Offline libertybele

That is so true. I really believe that there were manipulations. More than the norm? Beats me.

But, for whatever reasons, the courts wouldn't hear the cases. So, it's time to move on, quit moaning about 2020 and fix the future. But that's just my humble opinion.

Definitely.  Something needs to be done.  If there are no changes implemented the GOP can expect a similar outcome in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

@berdie

That's right.

@Cyber Liberty more than made the case in AZ
and
@Hoodat  more than made the case in GA.

I withheld until proofs were mounted... But it amounts to a row of pins if it is not proven in court. Not perfectly so - Perhaps some states tightened up their procedures on the strength of those proofs... but very little else for it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish warns:
"Though I believe  '20 was stolen, us focusing and stewing on it from now to election day will be counterproductve.  We need to fix the system more that bitching about it."

The Party's "election apparatus" (both underground and ABOVE ground) was in good operation in 2022 as well, or didn't you notice?

Please tell me, catfish, how the system is going to be "fixed" in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona, all now under dem-communist control?

The Party doesn't need to be concerned about the blue states... who needs "an apparatus" to control elections in them when the overwhelming majority of voters are already leftist?

Conversely, the deep-red states aren't worth bothering with [at least at this time], with the exception of urban areas where The Party can work to establish beachheads of control with an eye on the future. For a good example, look at Texas.

It's the so-called "battleground" states where the struggle remains focused.
Control them via the apparatus, and it becomes possible to put the presidency (and soon, the Senate, as well) "out-of-reach" of the Republicans.

Offline ccoffer

@ccoffer

No one has ever complained before you came along...

Hey, now. I was just joking about all that emoji stuff. I'm a young grandfather, but I'm still a grandfather. The menu looks like Microsoft Word. Pretty dang cool. I used to moderate a few industry specific sites a long time ago. They were tinker toy compared to this setup. I told my wife a minute ago I'm gonna have to make myself not get addicted to this. It could become a serious time waster.
Preacher man says it's the end of time, and the Mississippi river she's a goin' dry.
Demosthenese Jr.

Offline ccoffer

First, you never said national election. Tough to "keep up" with someone who tosses out offhand remarks with no context. 

Second, Biden has polled over 1% many times while running for national office, so I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Just as a quick sample, here's a link to more than a dozen 2020 polls showing Biden not only polling at over 50% (which is just a little bit over the 1% you claimed he could reach), but actually ahead of Trump.

ETA: would have been helpful if I'd have included the link.....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Uggh. Before the democrat party apparatchiks chose the nominee regardless of the real delegate count; openly corrupt, retarded, brain damaged Joe O'Biden had never in history broken the one percent barrier in any of his many Presidential runs. You not knowing what I'm talking (sic) about is not a sign of you knowing much. You obviously have internet access. Do yourself a favor and look it up yourself. At least then you'd know whether or not you're peddling lies or just being an ignoramus.
Preacher man says it's the end of time, and the Mississippi river she's a goin' dry.
Demosthenese Jr.

Offline ccoffer

In some court somewhere...if any court will hear it. Holy shit on ice.
Demosthenese Jr.

Offline roamer_1

Hey, now. I was just joking about all that emoji stuff. I'm a young grandfather, but I'm still a grandfather.

Hey Gramps. Don't think you're alone. I've got 5, from ankle-biter all the way to junior high... and I've barely rounded 60 (ish).

The menu looks like Microsoft Word. Pretty dang cool. I used to moderate a few industry specific sites a long time ago. They were tinker toy compared to this setup. I told my wife a minute ago I'm gonna have to make myself not get addicted to this. It could become a serious time waster.

Thankfully, when I am working, I do pooters... So I can be here the whole time I am at command central... And then walk across the living room and be here from my easy chair in the evening (so to speak, because most of command central can be run from right here in my Lazy Boy).

So if it is a time waster, that only means you have to change your job.  :laugh:

Welcome to TBR @ccoffer

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Uggh. Before the democrat party apparatchiks chose the nominee regardless of the real delegate count; openly corrupt, retarded, brain damaged Joe O'Biden had never in history broken the one percent barrier in any of his many Presidential runs.

You now moved the goalposts twice - first from "elections" to "national elections", and now from "national elections to this new "before the Democratic Party apparatchniks" malarkey, which was not part of the original statement with which I disagrees.

You not knowing what I'm talking (sic) about is not a sign of you knowing much. You obviously have internet access. Do yourself a favor and look it up yourself. At least then you'd know whether or not you're peddling lies or just being an ignoramus.

Funny you should say that, because according this newfangled internet thingy you mentioned (and thanks for that tip!!) Biden polled above 1% in a bunch of polls in a prior campaign.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2008_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Also polled above 1% at some point for the 1988 Dem nomination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries#Polling

So exactly who is either an ignoramus, or "peddling lies?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:15:54 am by Maj. Bill Martin »