Author Topic: A Real Witches’ Brew: Vietnamese Seek to Use Cryptocurrency for EB-5  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Real Witches’ Brew: Vietnamese Seek to Use Cryptocurrency for EB-5

By David North on April 15, 2023

The EB-5 (immigrant investor) program, already scandal-ridden and recently suspended by Congress for nine months for needed reforms, just took another (self-inflicted) blow.

An EB-5-supporting law firm has filed a federal court case with a witches’ brew of ingredients including advocating these dubious policy positions:

Controversial cryptocurrency, such as that involved in the FTX and Silvergate financial collapses, should be used in the EB-5 program by foreign investors;

By implication, even borrowed cryptocurrency should count when buying one’s way into U.S. citizenship;

Laws of Vietnam seeking to avoid capital flight should be skirted; and
While the lawsuit calls for governmental transparency, the reporting of the suit does not provide a name for the case or let us know where it was filed.

Or, you might say, just another day in the shrinking, self-destructive EB-5 program.

https://cis.org/North/Real-Witches-Brew-Vietnamese-Seek-Use-Cryptocurrency-EB5
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson