Author Topic: New EPA Ruling Will Make It Difficult to Buy Gas-Powered Vehicles in Only 7 Years  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New EPA Ruling Will Make It Difficult to Buy Gas-Powered Vehicles in Only 7 Years
Story by Thom Taylor • Yesterday 9:36 AM

The Environmental Protection Agency is ready to enact major cuts to emissions from internal combustion engines tomorrow. While this EPA ruling is meant to decrease what is partially causing climate change, there are ramifications that will create other problems. Based on what the EPA has telegraphed about the proposed changes, it appears it will result in automakers producing many more EVs than the market demands to hit the strict EPA emissions numbers.

Are there unintended issues with the EPA ruling?

That’s partially why the EPA is lowering the number of carbon emissions from ICE vehicles. But the unintended result is that they’ll have to produce a larger block of EVs to help lower its combined emissions across entire brands starting in 2027. Estimates are that by 2030, over 50% of vehicles across the country will be either plug-in hybrids or EVs.

These changes are in line with the Biden administration’s goals for emissions. What President Biden has pushed back on is banning new gas-powered vehicles by 2035. There is concern that federal mandates will lead to more drastic moves like California’s ban on new vehicles powered by internal combustion engines, or ICE, by 2035.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/new-epa-ruling-will-make-it-difficult-to-buy-gas-powered-vehicles-in-only-7-years/ar-AA19TRBy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=697335bc3c534fe3a71ef8a90a427cd6&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson