Author Topic: CIS: The Impact of Immigration on Social Security and Medicare  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CIS: The Impact of Immigration on Social Security and Medicare

PUBLISHED:  Thu, APR 13th 2023 @ 11:28 pm EDT
The Center for Immigration Studies recently examined the impact of immigration policy on the solvency of the Social Security and Medicare programs in a new analysis.

The Center explains, "Rather than offer dollar estimates for the future, the new report instead explains conceptually the differing effects of different immigration policies."

The recently released 2023 Trustees Report on the projected financial status of the programs has caused some stir in Washington as lawmakers consider actions that might extend the programs' life and avoid substantial benefit cuts.

Unfortunately, all too commonly, immigration is suggested as an easy boost to the programs' finances, but the reality is much more complicated.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/cis-impact-immigration-social-security-and-medicare
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson