General Category > Computers

Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade - Worth it or Not?

<< < (2/10) > >>

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on April 15, 2023, 06:10:21 pm ---I guess I'm lucky that my machine's CPU is not accepted for a Win 11 upgrade, so I don't get pestered to upgrade.

--- End quote ---

You can jigger the install and put Win11 on anything (well, say five years old and newer). If you have a spare laying around you can see for yourself.

Personally, I think MS restrictions on install are FUD - That it won't receive updates if the hardware is not up to snuff... I would not be afraid to convert old hardware over and leave it that way.... I just don't want to.

mystery-ak:
Well I went from Windows 7 to 11 when my old HP died....I loved W7 as that was all I needed... :crying:

Elderberry:
The CPU I'm running came out 6 yrs ago. I picked up one that came out 2 yrs ago, but I was reluctant to putting it in. I was worried that my machine might step up to 11. But if it won't without my OK, I'll go ahead and put it in.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on April 15, 2023, 06:39:03 pm ---The CPU I'm running came out 6 yrs ago. I picked up one that came out 2 yrs ago, but I was reluctant to putting it in. I was worried that my machine might step up to 11. But if it won't without my OK, I'll go ahead and put it in.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... You can tell it no... But I would have an image, just in case  :whistle: :cool:

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on April 15, 2023, 06:41:35 pm ---Yeah... You can tell it no... But I would have an image, just in case  :whistle: :cool:

--- End quote ---

I have an image cut twice a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version