General Category > Computers

Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade - Worth it or Not?

(1/10) > >>

Kamaji:
I have a Win-10 machine and I keep getting come-ons to upgrade to Win-11.

I'm sure the subject has been discussed before, but I'm going to start it up again:  Is the upgrade worth it, and how different from Win-10 is Win-11.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on April 15, 2023, 02:11:10 pm ---I have a Win-10 machine and I keep getting come-ons to upgrade to Win-11.

I'm sure the subject has been discussed before, but I'm going to start it up again:  Is the upgrade worth it, and how different from Win-10 is Win-11.

--- End quote ---

I have one machine that I upgraded to Win. 11 from 10 Pro.  As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't worth the effort. 11 might be a bit more secure but theorizations (small things) that come with it make it completely undesirable for me.

Smokin Joe:
My experience with 11 (I have 10 and 11 on different machines I use) is that is is a PITA for the supposed benefits. I could do all I needed to do with 10 without some of the 'features' of 11 that I find counterproductive.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on April 15, 2023, 02:11:10 pm ---I have a Win-10 machine and I keep getting come-ons to upgrade to Win-11.

--- End quote ---

For your technical side, Win11 is smoother, tighter, and more secure. It is.

But they BORKED the startbar AGAIN. Mac wannabe crapola.

That's the thing that slays it for me. I am fine with it... but I have a console open at all times... because burrowing down is a waste.

I have yet to find a way to stay in Win11. And I am usually an early adopter. 
Find an old box, jigger the install so it will take it, and just run the thing for a week or two.
You'll make up your mind soon enough.

Me, I will probably stick on Win10 a while longer... Like, till I can't.

Elderberry:
I guess I'm lucky that my machine's CPU is not accepted for a Win 11 upgrade, so I don't get pestered to upgrade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version