Author Topic: Pentagon leak reveals just how many ways to Sunday the national security establishment can destroy i  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 14, 2023
Pentagon leak reveals just how many ways to Sunday the national security establishment can destroy itself
By Monica Showalter

Once upon a time, Democrat Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told President Trump, and not benevolently, that if he attempted to rein in the U.S. intelligence community, they had "six ways to Sunday at getting back at you..."

Trump is not around now, so the intelligence guys seem to be doing that to themselves.

According to the New York Times:

NORTH DIGHTON, Mass. — The F.B.I. arrested a 21-year-old member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard on Thursday in connection with the leak of dozens of highly classified documents containing an array of national security secrets, including the breadth of surveillance the United States is able to conduct on Russia.

Airman First Class Jack Douglas Teixeira was taken into custody to face charges of leaking classified documents after federal authorities said he had posted batches of sensitive intelligence to an online gaming chat group, called Thug Shaker Central.

What a lovely picture that is, assuming he's the guy who did it. The U.S. spends untold billions on the gathering and analyzing of information to create state secrets so that U.S. leaders in critical times can have exactly the right information they need to make decisions. They do so at great cost, but also at great risk, enticing foreign nationals to endanger their lives to help us, and out in the field, taking great risks themselves.

All it takes is one low level government employee or member of the military to spill those secrets, supposedly because he wants to impress all his little friends in his internet social group. That's what's important to him. In some cases, it's not even for money, just a desperate quest for love, approval and prestige in the gang.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/pentagon_leak_reveals_just_how_many_ways_to_sunday_the_national_security_establishment_can_destroy_itself.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Brad "Chelsea" Manning...
Leonard Francis....

(...also Lady Gaga Fans. Wonder if they played the albums backwards on 78 RPM?)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:09:40 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

A NYT Reporter's Deleted Tweet Shows How the Media Became the Pentagon's 'Plumbers'
The media’s new role as a defender of state secrets is deeply troubling.
Monday, May 22, 2023

Last month New York Times international correspondent David Philipps offered a mea culpa.

“I just deleted a tweet that lacked nuance,” the two-time Pulitzer Prize winner wrote.

Philipps, who in 2022 received the top award in journalism for his reporting on previously undisclosed US military strikes that killed thousands of civilians in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan, was walking back an observation made following the arrest of 21-year-old Jack Teixeira, the Massachusetts Air National Guardsman accused of leaking state secrets. Philipps noted the Times had worked “feverishly” to assist the Pentagon in identifying Teixeira.

“Ironically, if the same guy leaked to the NYT, we’d be working feverishly to conceal it,” Philipps wrote in the deleted tweet.

In an odd twist, the Times had gone from publishing state secrets to helping the government conceal them. ...  Read more at FEE
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The real criminals are Teixeira's supervisors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.